I keep hearing about all these people who went shopping and how much money they saved. 50%, 60%, and more. Guess what? I saved 100% because I stayed home and bought nothing!!!
I am sure there were a great many deals to be had, but most people buy to be buying. People need to remember the HUGE difference between WANTS and NEEDS!
I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving with your family and friends. We have been partaking in leftovers for a couple days, but the nice part has been no cooking.
Tonight I making cube steaks and we will finish the last little bits of mashed potatoes and dressing along with a green salad. We so need a salad after all that heavy food!!!
How has your week been? Mine was very frugal and pretty non-eventful!
- I went to the feed store on Monday and got a 60 ear bag of squirrel corn and a 50 lb. bag of black oil sunflower seeds with my punch cards for FREE!!!!! I bought a couple other items but those freebies had a value of $40! WOOHOO
- I had a half tank of gas, but took advantage of the lower gas prices. With my small discount I paid 1.49/gal.!! I guess I did right - as prices have started rising again.
- We still have 5 garden tomatoes left and will be using a couple tonight in salad
- Eating and re-inventing leftovers. We made turkey Manhattans one night, had sandwiches, put some dressing in the waffle maker to crisp the outside up (YUM), had regular turkey and ham dinner twice, and most of the rest of the meat is in the freezer in bags for soup, beans, etc.
- Did a bit of decorating with things we have here at home.
That's about it for me. I hope you have had a frugal week. I hope you all have a great upcoming week, and for those who have to tromp out to a job - STAY SAFE.
Let us know how you are doing, and hopefully we will all get a new idea or two from one another.
God bless each of you.