I bet many of you are getting busy with activities relating to Thanksgiving. I just keep thinking about all the yummy food! This is probably by favorite foodie time of the year. So many goodies to be had between now and the New Year, and we all KNOW, holiday foods contain NO calories!!!!!!
It was 18* this morning, and supposed to get to 32* today. The sun is shining and I think it will get warmer. The snow from yesterday is pretty well gone. The temps on Thanksgiving are supposed to close to 60*!
I am still working on washing walls - I'm getting there slowly. At least I know the house will be fresh and clean for the holidays and I can just rest some after the holidays. I see me, a book, and the couch, on some cold winter days!
My frugal week:
- I got 10 packs of bread, buns, rolls, muffins, etc. all for $3.50 on clearance at Kroger this week. None was out of date. One Kroger I go to closed on Wed. and opened up a new super store across the street on Thurs. Instead of taking most stock across, a lot was clearance!!!
- I got 2 big veggie platters, 2 lbs. of cut broccoli, and 8 bags of various salad greens for $10! Same store.
- Bed, Bath & Beyond - coupon for $13 item with any purchase. I spent $6 and got a lotion for FREE. Gift!
- Office Depot - got ink and saved $15 with coupon
- Ran to Dollar Tree for some little gifts and found cherry pie filling for $1 a can. That stuff is expensive every where, so I got several cans for the winter. That was the first time I had ever seen cherry filling there.
- Cut G's and my hair this week
- Dried enough bread for homemade dressing for just about the entire winter! It's safe and sealed in gallon jars till I need.
- Have been doing lots of little projects around the house that I didn't have time to do all summer.
- Meals from scratch
I know you will all be busy this week with work and prepping. Just don't over do it. Remember to take time to enjoy life and rest a little.
"If we can't be thankful for what we receive, we should be thankful for what we escape". Arnold Glascow
I love this saying!
God bless you all.