Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Don't Get Overwhelmed
Sunday, November 27, 2022
Weekly Wrap Up 11/27
- Well, I finally finished up the kitchen DEEP clean! Everything from above the cabinets and on a wall length upper shelf! Oh my!!!!!! I will not even mention how old the papers stuffed into decorative cups were (keeps out dust). I was even appalled! LOL
- Did more house cleaning and some re-decorating (small scale)
- I ran out Monday to get new area rugs for living room and dining area - Big Lot's had a B1 - get 1 - 1/2 off. They are the same but different!!! LOL. Exact same colors - different designs. Looks good.
- I changed out a mini blind in bedroom with one I have had stored back for ages. (I bought several the same years ago)
- I also put up 2 new mini blind in LR & DR to replace the Roman shades that were like 20 years old. I got these 2 new ones for less than $10 ea. at Fam. Dollar. I then used other things I had here to change up windows and rooms a little.
- I threw away a bunch of stuff (no idea why I kept it) and have a big box for donation in the back of the Blazer.
- Got to air the house a few times this week
- Cleaned, reorganized and sorted the deep pantry
- Tons of laundry
- I raked the last of the leaves and placed on the garden area. Last I intend on doing this year - I will say!!! Cleaned up tons of tiny sticks - the squirrels keep munching on limbs and dropping them in the yard - little buggers.
- Froze extra soup I had made for another meal
- NO grocery store
- I came across an envelope of GC's I had forgotten about - and set down and checked each one for $ amount. Most had never been used - nice eating locations. I have $20 left on a Domino's pizza and 7.49 left on a Papa John's pizza. There is $5 and change on Panera. I also found a booklet of car wash vouchers that had gotten stuck back. SO, I have a lot of good cards for good meals I can use up in the coming year. G and I used to get takeout at a lot of nice places, so we were gifted cards. (a lot of Outback)
- Paid all items I had and then walked to P.O. to mail, as it was a beautiful day. I got Christmas stamps and others (for many months) before the price goes up
- Carved the turkey I baked Friday - it was the easiest turkey I have ever carved. It just fell apart! It has been so tender and tasty - many meals from that!!!!
- Got all the gift items together. Today I plan on going through it all, making my list and checking it twice!! I have a list of things I know I need to get for the littles.
- Brought home some leftovers from my nieces, which gave me extra goodies to eat with my turkey
Friday, November 25, 2022
Now the Countdown Begins!!!
Happy Friday and happy day after!!!!!!!! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving yesterday. I know many still haven't had their get together and will be doing so in the next couple of days. ENJOY
Wednesday, November 23, 2022
ENJOY Your Family
Tuesday, November 22, 2022
Other Uses for Those Thanksgiving Leftovers!
Sunday, November 20, 2022
Weekly Wrap-Up 11/20
- I have been doing more cleaning - there is no end!
- Put out the winter door decoration on the warmer day
- Working on my nephew's blankie I am making
- Used up leftovers in new ways
- Was given 5 boxes of (30 ea.) Refresh eye drops from a friend. Each little vile works 2X for me. I can use these in between medicated drops (those end tomorrow - YAY) and anytime I need moisture. This is brand recommended by eye doctor.
- I went out to lunch with a friend and then we went to Ollie's. This day brought about unexpected trials!!!! It was cold this day - went to lunch and enjoyed. I actually pulled into the wrong lot this day and was in the Goodyear lot not the restaurant (little wall in between). Came out after lunch and my Blazer DID NOTHING!!!! Nothing at all. Friend hung around to see what I might need. I went in the Goodyear place and explained - the Manager came out and checked my Blazer. The battery cables were very loose (still not sure how that happened). He tightened and my car tried to start. He gave some reason about anti-theft thing and car needed to set for a while to recover info to computer (his best guess). Well, I had no knowledge of this, as my car is much older. Anyway, we went off to Ollie's for a while and came back. BOOM - it started right up!!! I came home and got my maintenance manual out and he was RIGHT! Had no idea. So, he was a kind man, who helped me out for nothing, and I learned something that day. (Didn't buy a thing that day). All ended well - makes me think I was supposed to park in the wrong lot!!!!!!
- Did a light color touch-up on hair - using what I had on hand
- Laundry - using dehumidifier water
- Made waffles - froze some for later date
- Meals from home and scratch (except the one day) and drinks were water or tea
Thursday, November 17, 2022
Gifts From the Heart and Home - PART 2
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Gifts From the Home and Heart - Part 1
Promised I would do a post or two about homemade and loved gifts. You can be as complicated and spendy as you want OR you can do easy and simple.
Tuesday, November 15, 2022
The Ways of my Kitchen
Sunday, November 13, 2022
Weekly Wrap Up 11/13
- Picked up tons of sticks and limbs after last weekend's windstorm
- Started washing trim, doors and woodwork - then moved to a few walls (getting things readied to paint with touch-up paint)
- Decided to tear apart the refrigerator - oh my. Took everything out of the inside and cleaned every shelf & the walls and drawers.
- One thing leads to another - then the stove - then besides and under frig and stove. (can't get behind). Then moved rolling drawer stacks beside stove and scrubbed then. Oh and this led to cabinets and walls........ Everything except on top of cabinets and ceiling (on the agenda). My back needs to rest!
- Ran to feed store, Fam.Dollar/Dol. Tree store and Ollie's - all right close together
- I did manage to get a few items for gifts
- Went to eye specialist again - last apptmnt. scheduled for end of November (after all drops have stopped for a week). Then the next day - to regular eye doctor for glasses appointment
- Got out the shovel, outdoor broom and ice melt when the snow began. Plugged in all the water bowls and birdbath
- Ran to Kroger - for the .49/lb. turkey. Didn't need it, but heck I cannot get lunchmeat that cheap! I also found canned cat food flavors I hadn't seen in months. Stocked up.
- Ran to Aldi - got wine I like for the season. Got a couple gift items there, and saw a lot of prices slashed - as promised - back to 2019 pricing. I got some cheese and a small cheesecake sampler! What a treat 8 slices for 5.95!
- Got to have windows open a lot this week - even the bedroom window open a little at night until Friday
- Made another gallon of iced tea
- Using throws and afghans to snuggle and keep warm instead of turning up heat very high
Thursday, November 10, 2022
That was fun!
I had to run out the other day to vote - while out I ran a couple errands. One thing I did was to run into a sort of new store I had not been in. Now I have been in each store separately, but this is a new combo! This store has been open for a couple months - so went in and checked it out.
Wednesday, November 9, 2022
Blessings - A little can be a LOT!
Tuesday, November 8, 2022
The Weather is a Changing....
Well, it does appear that weather is really starting to change up some in many areas. It is getting chilly or downright cold. Yep, winter is close at hand. The winter equinox is still over a month away - but that doesn't mean the chill isn't coming soon to a neighborhood near you!!
Sunday, November 6, 2022
Weekly Wrap Up 11/6
- Went for what I thought was last check-up on eyes. Yeah, one more this coming week! Just to be sure! That is OK
- Changed out the furnace filter
- Chunked up the end of a candle into bits for use in my melt pot
- Thawed and cooked (in various ways) a pound of ground sausage - for present and future meals
- Ran to library
- Put new stair treads on back steps for safety
- Water barrels are both empty and now stored away for the winter
- Fixed the weather strip around the greenhouse door
- Raked the back yard and put all leaves on the garden - and cleaned the deck again
- Got rid of 2 boxes of junk from garage (it is a tiny start)
- Cleaned the outer parts of kitchen cabinets
- Cut back all the peony plants
- Made a gallon a sweet tea
- All the normal stuff we all do
- Ran to Kroger for the egg special - 18 count for 1.99. I got a .99 bag of plums - oh my are they good - got a few things for stock, just not a lot. Make sure you check ADS this coming week - many places are having GREAT prices on turkey!!!!! Kroger - .49/lb. w/digital coupon and $25 purchase (starts 11/9) and Meijer is .55/lb. (limit 2) (starts today). Aldi has Butterball for 1.07. I am sure other stores are following suit. KEEP YOU EYES OPEN