Happy final Sunday all! Another month just about gone. We are on the Christmas and New Year's count down. It just doesn't seem possible - yet here we are! In a few short weeks it will all be history and we will be looking towards Spring. We sure do wish away life!!!!!
The weather has been pretty darn nice here most of the week. Thanksgiving day didn't even require a jacket! It is raining today - we had rain start overnight and it will rain for a while longer today. It was in the 50's when I got up at 5:30! It is going to get much colder by the end of the week - but these nicer temps are quite welcome.
I watched Frosty the Snowman and The Return of Frosty the Snowman!!!!!! It seemed like a nicer way to spend the evening, than to fight hordes of people!!!!!! LOL
- Well, I finally finished up the kitchen DEEP clean! Everything from above the cabinets and on a wall length upper shelf! Oh my!!!!!! I will not even mention how old the papers stuffed into decorative cups were (keeps out dust). I was even appalled! LOL
- Did more house cleaning and some re-decorating (small scale)
- I ran out Monday to get new area rugs for living room and dining area - Big Lot's had a B1 - get 1 - 1/2 off. They are the same but different!!! LOL. Exact same colors - different designs. Looks good.
- I changed out a mini blind in bedroom with one I have had stored back for ages. (I bought several the same years ago)
- I also put up 2 new mini blind in LR & DR to replace the Roman shades that were like 20 years old. I got these 2 new ones for less than $10 ea. at Fam. Dollar. I then used other things I had here to change up windows and rooms a little.
- I threw away a bunch of stuff (no idea why I kept it) and have a big box for donation in the back of the Blazer.
- Got to air the house a few times this week
- Cleaned, reorganized and sorted the deep pantry
- Tons of laundry
- I raked the last of the leaves and placed on the garden area. Last I intend on doing this year - I will say!!! Cleaned up tons of tiny sticks - the squirrels keep munching on limbs and dropping them in the yard - little buggers.
- Froze extra soup I had made for another meal
- NO grocery store
- I came across an envelope of GC's I had forgotten about - and set down and checked each one for $ amount. Most had never been used - nice eating locations. I have $20 left on a Domino's pizza and 7.49 left on a Papa John's pizza. There is $5 and change on Panera. I also found a booklet of car wash vouchers that had gotten stuck back. SO, I have a lot of good cards for good meals I can use up in the coming year. G and I used to get takeout at a lot of nice places, so we were gifted cards. (a lot of Outback)
- Paid all items I had and then walked to P.O. to mail, as it was a beautiful day. I got Christmas stamps and others (for many months) before the price goes up
- Carved the turkey I baked Friday - it was the easiest turkey I have ever carved. It just fell apart! It has been so tender and tasty - many meals from that!!!!
- Got all the gift items together. Today I plan on going through it all, making my list and checking it twice!! I have a list of things I know I need to get for the littles.
- Brought home some leftovers from my nieces, which gave me extra goodies to eat with my turkey
Meals this past week:
Jalapeno burger w/cheese and halved yellow squash
Chili cheese dogs and chips
Cheddar broccoli soup and crackers
Leftover soup with sour cream and Fritos
Dinner with family - all sorts of goodies!
Turkey and leftover mashed potatoes and gravy & broccoli casserole (pots/gravy & casserole from niece)
Turkey sandwich with chips and leftover mac n cheese (mac from niece)
SNACKS - toasted bagel w/cin./sugar, turkey, fruit and leftover dreamsicle fluff I took to nieces (brought some home)
I did no Christmas shopping this week. Too peopley out there for me!!!!!! LOL
I have a couple of eye appointments this week, so I may do a bit of shopping while out each of those days. I have done no real holiday decorating yet - may work on that as well. Just not going to stress about things.
I have recorded several movies that I plan on watching later this winter - from the FREE premium channels offered this weekend with cable.
How was your week? Eat too much???? Most of us have. LOL!!! Did you do any shopping? Any great deals or bargains? Have you decorated yet?
Look forward to hearing from you all!!!!
Stay safe and healthy and know I pray for each of you daily.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours!
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and know all these things will be given to you as well.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Dear Lord, help us to realize our main goal on this earth is to follow You, and Your kingdom will be ours someday. Let us know and understand that You will provide for us, and You know what we need. Guide and direct us in our daily ways, so that we honor You instead of looking for earthly things to fill our heart and soul. When we feel lost and empty, fill our lives with Your love and guidance.