Happy Sunday! Here we are at the end of another month. This one was definitely our winter! We did great until February came - then winter hit. We have had a lot of rain, snow and ice. I am done with that now - thank you very much!!! LOL
I am sure it isn't done with us though. This coming week is something to look forward to for my area. Predictions of sun all week and temps in the 50's! YES!
I noticed the other morning when I went out at 5:45AM (it is dark) that birds were singing and chirping away. It was lovely. That is a sign of good things ahead.
Blackie has been home for going on 5 days! Guess he has decided to chill for a while.
I have for sure noticed that weather has everything to do with my mood and motivation or lack of it! It was proven in force this week. On the days the weather was nice and the sun was shining, I got a lot done - even if inside. On the gloomy, cold and icy days - I was a bust! Weather is my catalyst!!!
This last week we had a couple, three decent days - then came the rain again and then the ice. It seems every Thursday of Feb. we got some sort of system to come through and disrupt things. I had a lake form again this week, and an ice rink.
I look forward to a week of dry to dry out the messy yard!
- Changed out the tablescapes from winter to more spring looking items
- Got to air the house on 3 days
- Took down all the winter decor that was on doors, flags and such outside and changed everything to spring decor
- Paid all bills on hand
- Making a list of spring/summer projects to do
- I don't believe I ever finished fall cleaning! I have started doing spring cleaning now
- I am organizing and decluttering so much
- Working on new bags/boxes for donation
- Been working on the 'deep' pantry long - life items I have stored. Arranging and doing inventory - just to make myself aware of what all is here
- Saved a plastic lid from peanut butter jar - they fit pint mason jars for dry storage
- Saved a jar from instant coffee mix (I only use in morning drinks for mocha flavor) to use for making up dry soup mixes. They are the perfect size and no losing my canning jars!
- I had to make a run to Big Lots this week. My iron of 30 years + finally bit the dust. I bought myself a new one - not something I use often - but needed sometimes! I also needed lithium batteries for my scales - knew they would be cheapest there.
- No grocery shopping at all this week.
- Went out on a nicer day and picked up trash (from blowing) and more sticks - the wind has really whipped a lot this week
- Using what I have and cooking from home. Doing all the normal stuff
Meals this past week:
Open face sloppy Joe and cauliflower with cheese
Beef hot dogs and cheesy poofs
Small steak with mushrooms/gravy and steak fries
Mac n cheese (w/salsa added) BBQ mini wienies from freezer (holidays) and apple sauce
Fish, leftover mac n cheese and salad
Poor man's Swiss steak and mashed potatoes
How was your week? Are you ready for Spring? It is just 3 weeks away according to the calendar! I am sure nature has something different to say about it!! LOL
Did you get any good deals this week? Spring cleaning yet? Love hearing from you all.
Prayers that you all stay safe, healthy and frugal in this coming week. Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be in dread of them: for it is Lord your God who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you.
Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Lord, when send our prayers for the peoples of the Ukraine and for all men and women of the armed services and their families all over the world. Prayers that peace comes quickly and prayers that the evil one is stopped. May you shield them all with your loving and protective embrace. Amen