- I freshened up the bark in 2 longer beds - with stuff I had in the garage left from last year
- Ran to my brothers and picked up my tiller while out
- I did stop and get a few plants for the garden
- I got gas with a .30/gal. discount - it was so nice to be able to easily fill my tank AGAIN after the fix
- Got the garden all tilled - tilled in 2 - 5 gal. buckets of ash my neighbor saved for me
- Made up 10 pots of flowers so far - have a few more to do today
- Got rid of some broken and split containers - but reused the dirt in others.
- As stated earlier this week - got the Blazer fixed. Cost $35 - saved over $500 if I had gone to the shop
- Laundry, cleaning, scratch cooking
- Mowed and trimmed the entire yard (on a dry and warm day)
- Picked several more bouquets
- Cut my hair
- Salvaged another 'store' jar to use for my soup mixes this holiday season
- Paid all the bills I had on hand
Sunday, May 30, 2021
Thursday, May 27, 2021
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Flowers are popping. You who have peonies, know what happens when they bloom and we get a storm. They all fall over. Mine are so laden with blooms at the moment that they are doing that on their own. I have never had such blooms. Maybe this is a good sign for growing things this year!
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Sunday, May 23, 2021
- Rain day - tons of laundry - bedding, throw rugs, furniture throws and all the bedding from the kitties house outside (warm bedding put away till winter)
- Set up live trap to get Mr. Groundhog - tried all kinds of goodies - finally enticed it with romaine lettuce! Got him and he is now in a new forever home. Caught a opossum first - that thing was ticked off! I let it go.
- Mowed and trimmed everything
- Did lots and lots of yard work. I got the flower bed on east side of back cleaned out and a corner spot out back all weeded (what a mess). So much bending, squatting, knees and even sitting on a small stool - then I had to get up!!!!!
- Trimmed all the bushes out back
- Moved around some outdoor furniture and have enjoyed sitting out back reading in the evenings - nice listening to nature and just relaxing!
- Got to have windows open most every day. I have only turned on AC twice for about an hour - then off (late afternoon)
- Straightened the pantry - it was getting messy again for sure
- Ran out to the library
- While out I went to Dollar Tree (it had been a while) and got shelf stable milk and the lozenges I like
- ALSO stopped at Kroger for cold milk and found regular size Ball flats for canning! I got 8 boxes of 12 for 2.79 a box! I am now set with both sizes for a couple years (with what I have)
- ALSO stopped at Taco Bell and got a multi pack meal with a Gift Card - 2 days of meals for $0!!!!
- I made faux 'ice cream' treats twice. Sliced and froze 2 bananas - then placed in food processor with about an 1/8 cup of milk - THAT'S IT! Oh my - it was so tasty and refreshing. You could this with any fruit (frozen first). Softer than regular ice cream, firmer than a smoothie - YUM!
- I picked 2 big bouquets of peonies - the house smells so nice
- I have a 'weather station' that tells indoor/outdoor temps - there is a sending device outside. That part hasn't worked for over 2 years! Yesterday I started hearing a crazy beeping noise and it was the receiver inside. I was about to toss it - but changed the batteries and BOOM it all started working again. I have changed batteries, reset, and reprogrammed so many times - suddenly it works again! Go figure
- My car AC has gone down hill for the past year - my neighbor showed me how to recharge it. He had a can of stuff - it was really easy to do! It works beautifully now!!! Aaahhhhh (I gave him my half full propane tank - my grill died and not replacing)
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Today I am going to post some charts for the kitchen. These are things we all need to know. It just may save a little time, effort and money.
Sunday, May 16, 2021
- I HAD to make a WM run - as much as I didn't want to. Needed to get my little nephew a birthday gift and his new sister a present as well. I did find more cat food while there (I always get when I find it) and I bought myself a new dish drainer. My old one was well over 20 years old and repaired many times. I think I deserved a new one!!!! LOL
- Went to a cookout for nephews birthday. It was a chilly evening - but dry - and all had fun outdoors (I got to cuddle my newest niece as well! YAY)
- Colored my hair at home
- Pulled and pulled weeds! It is truly over whelming. I can't keep up. I pulled so much from flower beds and I trimmed lots of stuff. (I ended up with poison ivy on my forehead as well - UGH)
- I am all set up and ready for humming birds now - although I haven't seen any yet. Usually around June 1
- Finally got days where I could open windows for fresh air again.
- I went to a Memorial service for my friend (it was small and by invitation)
- Refilled all the spice and baking jars in the kitchen from stock
- I got to go have a luncheon with my sister and several nieces. We met a tea room and it was so nice. There were 4 generations of girls there. This was the last of the celebrations scheduled for sis's birthday (we stretched it out for about a month)!
- No grocery store - using what I have.
- Cooking from scratch, using all leftovers, no lights, no heat and AC, all the regular stuff
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Sunday, May 9, 2021
- I did do a little weed pulling - in between rains. It makes weeds a lot easier to pull for sure.
- Using all leftovers
- Paid everything for the month (that I have). Also paid home property taxes and taxes on another piece of property for the whole year. Got it out of the way and I won't forget come fall!
- Lots of laundry
- Got a chance to mow and trim the entire yard on one of the rare no rain days
- Cooked up a pack of pork chops from the freezer. Ate a couple and froze the others (cooked) for quick meals
- Turned heat on for a cycle a couple mornings to take the chill off - otherwise no heat or AC
- NO grocery store or leaving the house this week
- Use no lights to speak of - it gets light so early and stays light so late now
- Just doing all the normal stuff around the house. Nothing exciting here!!
Thursday, May 6, 2021
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Today just a quick post to share a few things that make me smile. There are so many every day. Take time to smile and be happy. These are random and in no certain order and sure don't encompass everything.