Thursday, May 13, 2021

Counting Blessings

 Just going to put this out here as a reminder.  We all need one now and then.  We have so much!
I see so many ungrateful people every day on the news, on the computer and out and about.  They have no idea how good they have it - or if they do, they sure don't seem to appreciate it.


Be grateful for everything and everyone.  Even the tiniest things are wonderful.

Family, friends and neighbors
Health and safety
Pets
Nature of all kinds
A new day
Sun shining
Rain for the earth
Home and property
Freedom
Can pay expenses
Food to eat
Our Lord and Savior
ENOUGH

The news of the world can make us all forget just what we DO have to be grateful.  People we come in contact with can make us forget by their negativity.  Don't let that happen to you. 
 
You are so very RICH  - it doesn't have anything to do with money!

30 comments:

  1. Nothing to add to that but AMEN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the reminder...so true...hugs--

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyday, I see people in need and do acknowledge that I am so grateful for all I have even when I mostly don't have much. I see and hear of people who do not have access to a vaccine and hurt for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you have enough - that is all that matters. We don't need a lot to be a grateful person.
      Blessings

      Delete
  4. I have to remind myself every day of how blessed I am. I have a real tendency to be ungrateful. I actually thin k it is because I stress about things that I need to just forget and have faith. You help and remind me often. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet. I just try to keep things mindful.
      Blessings

      Delete
  5. So, so true! I think it Robert Louis Stevenson who said "the world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.". Thank you for reminding us. Sometimes I need to just breathe.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent saying. YES, we just need to breathe and BE!
      Blessings

      Delete
  6. Yes! We are indeed blessed. I complain (from time to time) about the hardness of Indianapolis water and how it leaves residue on everything but there are people in this world, in this country, who do not have access to clean water. When I tend toward an ungrateful, whining mood, I remember what Elohim did to the Israelites when they kvetched about everything. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do indeed have hard water - but yes - we HAVE water.
      We are so fortunate in many ways.
      Blessings

      Delete
  7. It's been a really tough week. Thank you for the reminder to be grateful for all I've been given.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you had a bad week. Prayers that things get better.

      Delete
  8. I just hugged my neighbor. We haven't done that in over a year. It was so nice. She came in the house and saw all the work Hubby has done on it since the beginning of Covid. We are all vaccinated so we can start seeing each other again. So grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice. Hugs are great!
      It sounds like your hubs did a lot of work - that is wonderful. Happy for you all.

      Delete