Blessed Sunday to you all. I hope this finds you all well and safe.
We started the week with a couple rain days - which was a good excuse to get things done inside. Then summer came! We are now in the 80's each day and 60's at night.
It seems we went from March to July (weather wise) in a matter of days!!!!!!!!!!
This week I first saw a couple of baby squirrels. Oh my, they are tiny - about the size of a chipmunk. Too little to be out of nest. I have determined that their momma is a smaller squirrel who seems to have mange. Poor thing has little fur - just a fuzzy tail. At first there were 2 babies, then as of yesterday I only saw one. This AM I haven't seen it at all. I didn't figure they had a real chance with being so small. They do not know to be afraid of anything. There are lots of cats around, possums, hawks, racoons.... They must have had mites in nest - and have been sleeping in the food jar at night (on right).
I have gone out of my way to make sure they had food they could eat. Just crazy old Cheryl at Cheryl's Critter Compound!!!!! Maybe it is around still - I hope so.💓💓
- Rain day - tons of laundry - bedding, throw rugs, furniture throws and all the bedding from the kitties house outside (warm bedding put away till winter)
- Set up live trap to get Mr. Groundhog - tried all kinds of goodies - finally enticed it with romaine lettuce! Got him and he is now in a new forever home. Caught a opossum first - that thing was ticked off! I let it go.
- Mowed and trimmed everything
- Did lots and lots of yard work. I got the flower bed on east side of back cleaned out and a corner spot out back all weeded (what a mess). So much bending, squatting, knees and even sitting on a small stool - then I had to get up!!!!!
- Trimmed all the bushes out back
- Moved around some outdoor furniture and have enjoyed sitting out back reading in the evenings - nice listening to nature and just relaxing!
- Got to have windows open most every day. I have only turned on AC twice for about an hour - then off (late afternoon)
- Straightened the pantry - it was getting messy again for sure
- Ran out to the library
- While out I went to Dollar Tree (it had been a while) and got shelf stable milk and the lozenges I like
- ALSO stopped at Kroger for cold milk and found regular size Ball flats for canning! I got 8 boxes of 12 for 2.79 a box! I am now set with both sizes for a couple years (with what I have)
- ALSO stopped at Taco Bell and got a multi pack meal with a Gift Card - 2 days of meals for $0!!!!
- I made faux 'ice cream' treats twice. Sliced and froze 2 bananas - then placed in food processor with about an 1/8 cup of milk - THAT'S IT! Oh my - it was so tasty and refreshing. You could this with any fruit (frozen first). Softer than regular ice cream, firmer than a smoothie - YUM!
- I picked 2 big bouquets of peonies - the house smells so nice
- I have a 'weather station' that tells indoor/outdoor temps - there is a sending device outside. That part hasn't worked for over 2 years! Yesterday I started hearing a crazy beeping noise and it was the receiver inside. I was about to toss it - but changed the batteries and BOOM it all started working again. I have changed batteries, reset, and reprogrammed so many times - suddenly it works again! Go figure
- My car AC has gone down hill for the past year - my neighbor showed me how to recharge it. He had a can of stuff - it was really easy to do! It works beautifully now!!! Aaahhhhh (I gave him my half full propane tank - my grill died and not replacing)
Meals this week:
Tomato/cheese topped beef patty, potato rounds and fresh veggies
Small indiv. pizza
Cold cut sandwich and a cup of soup (from freezer)
Tacos (Taco Bell - free)
5 layer burritos (Taco Bell - free)
Broccoli/cheese/chicken rice and tomatoes
For some reason I got a burst of energy this week and finally got busy! Got to get some things marked off my TO-DO list. So much left to be done. I still haven't got the garden taken care of - that is next and then it is back to yard work. As we all know it just continues - grass grows as do all the weeds!!! UGH!
It is very over whelming at times.
How was your week? What have you done to stay frugal this week? Gardens in?
I hope you are all well and safe and that you have a wonderful week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor. No good thing does the Lord with-hold for those who walk uprightly.
Oh Lord of hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in thee!