My oh my it is May!!!! Hard to believe. Haven't done anything in the gardening way as of yet - will wait a couple weeks. By then temps should be stable.
Weather wise it was decent this week. We did have lots of wind and one pretty darn chilly morning (and frost). It looks like this coming week will be pretty soggy and just average temps.
The other day I walked into the bedroom and looked out back - and what did I see? I wasn't sure at first - then I got the binoculars out to see up close. OH MY! What a beautiful bird at the feeder. My first time that I have ever seen one in my yard in 34 years. Maybe they have been here, but God never graced my with seeing it. What a beauty.
I have a new gr. gr. niece! Yes, she was brought into this world a few weeks early - but she is beautiful and perfect. Layla Grace!
- My neighbor changed out the idler pulley bearing and belt on the Blazer - the whining noise is all gone!! I didn't ask - he volunteered to do it. He gets bored a lot and looks for things to do. Nice for me! He plans on doing a couple other things on the list
- I went to a small wedding. Glen's only nephew got married on Sunday. He lost his Mom (G's sis) 3 months to the day of Glen's passing - so he and I have kind of bonded. It was a very small and simple affair - but it was so them!!!!! It was lovely. It was held at a barn type facility at a horse farm - such a lovely place. I wasn't sure what reception would be like - so I didn't eat. It was cake - and a wonderful cake!! (OOPS I did stop and got fast food on the way home - yes I did!!)
- I went to the cemetery after leaving the wedding. Glen, Mom & Dad, Brother & SIL are all there. I had flowers with me to decorate.
- Mowed and trimmed entire yard
- Worked on cleaning out fence/drive space (it's about 4" - length of drive). Cut back ornamental grass, trimmed bushes - there is sooooo much to do
- My neighbor kitty corner across the street called to see if I wanted a red metal chair - she was going to give to goodwill and thought maybe I would like it - because she knows me and colors! Yep, I took it. Right now it is on the deck, outside the greenhouse (so I can sit and visit kitties) - but it may change.
- I went to Kroger and did a good stock-up. I replenished and added to canned meats, instant potatoes (just in case), cat food (they had on the shelves this week), fresh veggies and fruit and some frozen veggies. The store stock was great - all shelves were pretty full. I keep hearing on places with no milk - the dairy section at Kroger was full!
- I filled all the feed bins with stock on hand.
- Vacuum, dust, general cleaning. Laundry, using what I have, scratch cooking, just all the normal stuff.
- Watched some You Tube that was different. Watched a few vlogs of Frugal Queen in France . Love the accent - she is working at it just like us. Saw videos on very expensive and terribly small living spaces in NYC. They call them apartments - nope - they are boarding rooms IMO. Share all bathroom facilities with many others and have 100 sq. ft. space. NOPE that isn't an apartment. Also watched about Monster buildings in Hong Kong. Oh my - they just made me shiver. Tiny spaces in huge buildings. I kept thinking what happens if the elevator stops or there is a fire. Oh shiver!!! It sure is interesting how other people live.
- Made a list for Aldi and Dollar Tree - hope to go to these places soon. Been a while on both
- No heat or AC this week and much fresh air
Meals this past week:
Big Mac - yes indeed!!!! It was so good - haven't had one in ages
2 veggie and cheese sandwiches (used hamburger buns)
Tuna salad sandwich and chips
Burger, salad and chips
Fish soft tacos
BLT and a side salad
Mex. veggie topped rice - rice topped w/spicy beans & corn, cheese and ranch
What is going on in your neck of the woods? Are you getting decent weather? Staying frugal? Any good deals or finds?
Look forward to hearing from you all.
May you all have a great week and stay safe and healthy.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we are not contending against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of the present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of the wickedness in the heavenly places.