Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Staying Ready - But Don't Panic

 Good morning to all.  Today is just a little reminder about how we all need to stay vigil and be ready and stocked for anything - but first and foremost DO NOT PANIC!!!!!

I keep reading about all these people freaking out because of gas stations being low or out of gas on the east cost and rising prices on things and 'so called' shortages on stuff.  STOP THE PANIC!!!!!
Please don't be one of these people.

The best advice I can offer is STAY ready - so you don't have to GET ready!  Add a little each time you go out and shop or add to your garden supplies.  Remember that story about the hare and the turtle?  Remember who won?
Stock what you use and use what you stock.
Don't be going out and getting all kinds of exotic junk - know what your family uses.  That is what you need.  Use what you have on hand and continually add new - ROTATE!  This is important and prevents waste.
                                        Pantry rotation is essential - know what you have and use it

We went through the great TP caper of 2020 and we made it!!!!!  We all figured out a way.  I remember going through the gas  crisis in the 70's - limited supplies, waiting in long lines, stations running out - but we found a way.  Living through the 80's and the economy took a huge dive - stocks plummeted and prices went up - yep we made it.
Don't panic - stay calm - make no rash and sudden decisions and realize that all will go back to 'normal' eventually.  
Life is full of ups and downs and many of us have been through many.  Our parents/grandparents made it through the great depression - all the wiser for it.  
Not saying things don't get tough and sometimes things just stink - but we will survive.  We have to sometimes evolve and change as we get older.  

It is different for everyone - so no one person has the answers.  Do what works for you and your family and don't try to do what the Jones's do.  DO YOU!
I love the saying that out of poverty comes ingenuity!  That is so true.  I learned so much from parents as did many of you - they went through a lot in the their lives and hopefully we all learned lessons that will help us as well.

*Gas shortages - it will end.  Until then walk, bike or car pool or just stay home if possible.  This is not the time for a vacation or joy rides!
*Higher prices - I don't buy unless it is on sale or clearance - so not too worried about higher regular prices.  Never pay retail price!
*Shortages - some things we can simply do without!  Find a new way or choice.  Change up menus or recipes to account for something being hard to get.  Use your pantry and freezer.
I see folks say - oh no we can't find milk or bread or chicken......  Well, do without!  I think we can all survive a while without something (other than meds).  It isn't going to kill you to be inconvenienced for a a bit. 

                              Plan ahead - can, freeze and stock what you may need in future (eggs here)

These are the reason we stay prepared.  You never know what may happen or come your way.  If you are ALREADY  stocked you don't have to rush out and GET stocked.

Stay calm and just slowly move forward.  Life happens and we get through ups and downs every day.  
BREATHE

My biggest blessing is faith.  I know God has a plan for me and He watches over me.  I give it to Him and I keep my sanity - without Him I do not know what I would do.

Be blessed my friends!  Stay vigil and calm.  Do NOT panic.

24 comments:

  1. I’ve been a bit aggravated my storage takes up so much room but then I see some news and think I better just keep on keeping stuff in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mam. Do not get rid of it - just keep adding. Slow and steady wins the race. I think we a=will all be just fine!

      Delete
    2. Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr ehiaguna a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2), i had suffered from this diseases for the past 5 years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr ehiaguna sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr ehiaguna who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr ehiaguna because I got to know him through elizabeth who he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silent and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr ehiaguna through his email drehiaguna@gmail.com You can also whatsapp/call him on:+2348073908953 .He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received.  

      Delete
  2. Amen to this entire post!!... I absolutely refused to freak out over this. All the stations in my town are out of gas because people are acting like fools... I filled my tank two weeks ago and we don't go anywhere unless we have too or maybe a special event once a month and I always make sure to have most of what we need on hand... People think they have to spend tons of money to prep and they don't.. You buy a little here and there and you'd be surprised how it adds up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just gave a perfect example. Panic buying of gas. I don't live on the east coast - but even people here were freaking out. I have 3/4 tank and a 2 1/2 gal. can and I am good. Use very little - so why add to the problem?
      People just NEED to panic and act the fool!!!!! IMO

      Like you a little at a time and we are all good. It doesn't have to be fancy - just filling. We will survive!

      Delete
  3. Amen! No panic buying here (though I DO still keep an eye out for good deals on TP).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too - can't pass up a good deal. It sure is nice to just sit at home when everyone else is out running around like chickens with their heads off!

      Delete
  4. Preparation is so important, I think covid has taught us a few things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone! I wish more people had learned a lesson or two. Most of us are prepped all the time others never will be.

      Delete
  5. Unfortunately gas is way to cheap. If the price were three times it would encourage manufacturers to make more economical vehicles and would encourage people to buy them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that. More economical vehicles would be lovely, but people jut don't care IMO.
      It is like people complain about postage - really? You can send something across country for less than a $1.
      People just need to wake up and see reality.

      Delete
  6. I live in Long Island New York. After Super Storm Sandy, we had gas shortages for over a month. We were fine. All of our cars get filled at the half way point. We have extra fuel for the generator so we could use that for the cars if need be. My son is the only one that really needs his car to get to work. The rest of us can ride our bikes if we had to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy - so nice to see you posting!!!!!

      See that is how it should be - just get what you HAVE to have. I have seen so many pictures of people doing crazy panic buying of gas - many, many cans of gas, etc.
      It will all be fine in a very little while - people just need to calm down.

      Delete
  7. Some folks will panic, no matter what. I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that people who are super anxious about current conditions do not experience the security that comes from a deep faith and personal relationship with our Creator. Not to say that "Christians" do not get all dithery about bad times just like everyone else but I think for the most part, we've read the Book and know how it ends.

    Oh, I love to find something on sale (or clearance) and use a coupon as well.

    On a lighter note, we had fresh lettuce and kale from the garden for a yummy salad for supper. Tomorrow morning I will put kale into my smoothie. For lunch I am planning a stir fry with sliced cauliflower, broccoli, onions, julienned carrots and kale (the Urban Farmer planted two varieties). Gotta love a cut and come again vegetable! And we have baby green strawberries! The black raspberries are beginning to bloom. Woohoo! The blueberries were just planted this year as well as the red raspberries but hopefully next year we will have a taste. BTW, do you have that horrible yellow mustard weed in your yard and gardens? Between that and the thistles I'll be working on weeds all summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I always remind people of that. We know how the story ends - so just chill! Faith - I couldn't live without it.

      Good for you on fresh veggies. I haven't put out a thing yet. I have those weeds and more!!! It is amazing how hardy weeds are and how quickly they grown. Too bad we can't cross their DNA with that of veggies and fruit!

      Delete
  8. Guess some people need gas to get to work...I don’t so am ok...school buses...we do not need anything else...kids have suffered enough during the COVID...I am a Christian...I have faith...I understand the worries though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry about the hoarding preventing the kids from using school buses. Sure people need to work, but I have seen so many pictures of how people are being greedy. This too shall pass.

      Delete
  9. Durned tootin'! Yesterday, I saw some depression era recipes on YouTube. One was called "Hoover Stew" which is what the Salvation Army served in their soup kitchens. I made some and it was good. The same guy also had other very inexpensive ways to feed families. Made some fried bologna, egg, cheese sandwiches DH can have for breakfast at work this week. If I'd used the Walmart brands for each item, it'd have come out to .39 per sandwich. Wow!
    Thanks, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this. There are so many ways to stretch our budgets and our food. It just takes being a little creative.
      Each one of us can do it - and each thing helps.
      We got this. Frugal queens don't panic!!!!!

      Delete
  10. Great encouragement. When I read on someone's blog that there was a gas problem in their area, I filled up my tank here in Missouri. I had let it get down to almost empty just because I rarely drive it. That's not acceptable anymore, maybe it never was.
    Be blessed and keep up your encouragement. I'm working on getting more things in the house slowly.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is always good to be prepared for what ever may come our way. You will get stocked - slow and steady.
      Blessings

      Delete
  11. This just reminds me of how the wise woman is not afraid of the winter. She's been diligent she's been a hard worker, she is ready, she has faith. How good is that!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith - I don't know where I would be without it. We just keep going forward and not give in to panic and evil.
      Blessings

      Delete
  12. Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr ehiaguna a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2), i had suffered from this diseases for the past 5 years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr ehiaguna sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr ehiaguna who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr ehiaguna because I got to know him through elizabeth who he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silent and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr ehiaguna through his email drehiaguna@gmail.com You can also whatsapp/call him on:+2348073908953 .He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received.  

    ReplyDelete