Hello to all. Here we are on the last Sunday of the month AGAIN! Daylight hours getting longer each day. Less super cold and more warmer days (at least here). Flowers are popping up here and there. I have daffodil greenery about 4" above ground.
The bed sure felt good this morning. I have had a few nights of some really strange dreams - not sure where this stuff comes from. I was laying there this morning all relaxed, and the kitties kept trying to get my attention - then I felt this gentle patting of a paw on my nose!!! "Mom - it's breakfast time!!" LOL. Yep - you know when it's time to get up!
We had a really nice weather week for the most part. Rain (lots of rain) came in and boom it got cold again. Saturday morning we had very cold temps and flurries! That after a couple days before we were in the upper 60's! We are warming again, then another day or two of coolness. At least the colder days are less. The moon has been big and bright the past several evenings (when I could see it).
Nature's beautyThis past week:
- I had a long lunch one day with grade school chums - BJ's Brewhouse. So much laughter and memories (about 25 of us)
- Checked all the fluids in my Blazer and cleaned all the windows (here at home)
- Flea meds for the kitties (had on hand)
- Lots of laundry - used dehumidifier water in a load
- Got to air the house a few times
- Received a lovely gift in the mail from a friend
- Froze parts of 2 different meals made this week - for later
- NO grocery shopping at all - "shopped" from pantry instead
- Cleaned my jewelry
- Cooked up a pound of ground beef and froze half for another time
- Using pantry and freezer for meals - tried using all odds and end up in some way
- Finally organized and straightened the upright freezer a bit. Found some items I forgot about - I am good on most items. Feeling blessed.
- Used a jar recipe I had for blue berry muffins. I chopped and added the last few strawberries I had and added them. Instead of making muffins - I made it like a cake. So tasty to have on hand
- Had a REALLY long conversation with sis this week and got caught up
- Just doing all the normal things we all do around the home
Meals this past week:
Leftover beans & rice and sauteed portobella mushroom strips
'Stoup' from freezer and added leftover nacho cheese to it - crackers
Out to eat
French bread pizza using what I had on hand
Fish sandwich, oven fries and side salad
Baked spaghetti, side salad
SNACKS - fruit, strawberries & ice cream, nuts, cheese, muffin cake
I have extra French bread pizza and baked spaghetti in the freezer now for another day!
How was your week? Did you get any deals? Are you getting any 'better' weather than all the winter nastiness? Spring cleaning? It is less than a month until it is spring here in the northern hemisphere. Some count March 1 as meteorological spring. It won't be long. Of course, many of us have the unappreciated time change coming up soon as well!
Debby and Frances thinking about you both! Please check in.
I hope this finds each and every one safe and healthy. May you have a great week ahead.
Blessings to you and yours from my humble little home.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Dear Lord, thank You for our many blessings. Please continue to be with us, as we need You in our lives daily. None of us are perfect, and we slip and fall from time to time, and need You there when we get back up and go forward once again. Hold our hands and continue to place Your loving hands upon us all. AMEN