Yesterday was in the 40's and lots of wind and rain. This morning it was 11* when I got up!!!! High today is to be 18*. Brrrrr.
There was a lake in the back yard again yesterday. It was so saturated from last weekend, and no where for it to go. This morning I have an ice rink!!
I finally started getting cabin fever and went out for a bit one day this week. I am outside many times each day, but needed to get out and see people!
My neighbor did come over one afternoon and we had a nice visit. It seems everyone stays inside during the colder weather, and we just don't see each other much. It was nice to have 'human' conversation.
It was a quiet week again.
- I found a series I have been watching on YouTube that is kind of interesting. It is out of Canada. Young man owns an antique store and he is always on the look for treasures. He bought a 'hoarder' house. It was quite a journey. Eventually changed name of series to "Potter" house - as the lady was a very famous potter. He has videos on all sorts of other buildings and lots of things he has purchased. I really have been enjoying this. He is called Curiosity Incorporated. I know it was time I didn't accomplish anything - but I enjoyed it - and that is what matters! If it makes me happy - I am doing it!! My new motto.
- I have been cleaning out drawers and doing a lot more de-cluttering
- Took 3 more boxes of items (way more than 20 items) to the church thrift store.
- While at church store I got a pack pita bread, bagels and a 2 lb. bag of split peas for FREE
- Ran to Kroger just because! I got a 2 lb. box of mushrooms for 1.99, a bag of 4 pears, 5 apples, and 3 grapefruit for .99 a bag and got 6 packs of neutral (can use all the time) tissue paper marked to .30 pack. I also got a gallon of milk for 2.19.
- Chopped and froze the mushrooms
- Cleaned all the bedding including all bed pillows and pillow covers
- Doing all the normal stuff. Eating from home and using up leftovers. Drinking water and Kool-Aid.
- Sent my neighbor home with a couple cans of cinnamon rolls (to bake) and some gravy mix for when his grandsons visit over the weekend.
Meals this past week:
Tostadas (used leftover skillet enchilada mix)
Grilled ham, egg and cheese sandwich and slaw (leftover in jar of home canned)
Cheesy potato soup (from freezer) served over Ramen noodles - topped w/sour cream
Red beans and rice w/ground beef 2X
Made layered refried bean dip and ate with Pita bread
Veg. soup (canned condensed - no water added) with pasta added - threw in balance of bean dip
This is the month that I think I tend to just veg out every year. It is usually the gloomiest month and usually the coldest. Not necessarily the coldest this year (until today). The daylight hours are extending a bit in the evenings, but it is pretty cloudy most of the time. So boring and ho-hum.
I plan on doing more de-clutter this week. My plan is to take 2 - 3 boxes or bags to the church store every week.
How was your week? Did you get any deals? Did you stay on track with low spend?
DID you do the 20 CHALLENGE on anything this week? I look forward to hearing what everyone is doing? It gives us all that needed boost.
So thankful to hear that our friends in Australia are getting some much needed rain! Hope the fires are doused completely very soon. Prayers to those in the North with all the snow. I saw pictures of a part of Canada this morning - OH WOW! They had a ton of snow (blizzard).
May you all have a safe, healthy and frugal week. May we all keep our distant friends in our prayers.
Stay busy and stay frugal.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.