We are all looking at magazines for ideas on gardens - reading the seed catalogs - and thinking about growing! It is still pretty early here to plant anything (starting seeds). But the time will be here before we know it.
Thursday, January 21, 2021
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
- Open your blinds and curtains - even if the sun is not shining bright, natural daylight is a mood enhancer. It is so much better than artificial light!
- Re-arrange furniture or pretties if at all possible. Give yourself a different perspective and view of your home
- Turn on FUN music and DANCE! Super good exercise and such a mood enhancer.
- Start that spring cleaning - yes de-clutter and super clean your home. A clean and decluttered home is just more enjoyable and less stressful.
- Add some color - put out some bright pillows, change out a bedspread or linens, add a colorful afghan or quilt. Move pictures around - add some nature pictures (use something you have photographed).
- Paint - paint isn't totally cheap, but it isn't crazy expensive either. Changing the color of a wall or walls can change the mood totally
- Use boxes, baskets, frames, pots, etc. for storage for pretty, for accents. Not only are there many pretty and interesting options out there - but the can be ever so useful.
- Use things in new ways - get creative
- If you have ANY opportunity to let in some fresh air to the house - take it!!!!!! Air out the musty old winter! Germs thrive in closed up warm houses.
- Go outside as often as you can. No matter how cold - get outside. I am outside at least 7-8 times EVERY day - 365 days a year. Fresh air is healing and refreshing. Feeling tired and sluggish? Go out and walk around the yard or the block - it will wake you up!
- Given the opportunity - grill something outside. Nothing says you can only grill in the summer.
- Get exotic!!!!! Buy a fruit or veggie that you normally wouldn't buy and fix it. A little splurge now and then can sure lift spirits.
- Start planning your garden and your flowers NOW - read the seed catalogs and look at magazines for ideas
- TURN OFF the news and social media!!!!!!!!!! Surround yourself with happy and positive vibes
- Read fun books and watch fun and informative (learning) videos
- Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers from the grocery every now and then! They don't cost much and they will sure brighten a day/home
- Get off you butt and DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING! We all tend to sit and veg out during the winter. Make a plan and get busy and creative - do something different.
- Nature watch - that can be so entertaining - it sure beats TV
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Sunday, January 17, 2021
- Caught up laundry for first time this year - LOL! Hung most of it in the basement for extra humidity. Did dry heavier items. Have it vented (covered to catch lint/dust) into the basement for extra heat. There are no heat vents down there
- I did feel the call to stock a bit. I stocked up on pet products and OTC drugs/vitamins. I got myself milk and a huge bag of oranges. Oh, I got myself a new hand mixer!!!! Mine finally gave it up over the holidays after 33 years of use!
- Went outside on one of the nice days a picked up a gazillion sticks that had fallen, as well as odd pieces of blowing debris
- Cleaned out the watering holes and bird bath while it was nice
- Made a pot of potato soup and froze 2 containers for future meals
- Made a batch of 'special' cookies for my brother and sister - we finally get to have our "Christmas" today!!!!!
- Paid all bills for the rest of the month and ran up to PO to drop off, since mail delivery will be short a day this week
- Started a 'tax folder' as info is starting to come in
- Did a root touch-up on my hair
- I actually ordered myself a magazine subscription! Haven't ordered magazines in ages. Ordered Country Woman for 2 years for a grand total of $15!!!!
- Using what I have, meals at home, just doing all the normal everyday stuff
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Tuesday, January 12, 2021
We all like a good snack once in a while. Snack food can be down right bad for you and it can be so stinking costly. Today I am going to list a lot of things we can all munch on that we may have in our pantries or that can be made into new things.
POPCORN - most definitely the cheapest snack. Make it from REAL popcorn - not the microwave bags. You can use about anything to flavor or season - ranch dressing mix, Italian, powdered chees, nutritional yeast, BBQ seasoning, etc.