We got close to and inch of snow. Crazy.
We had a decent weather week. Ups and downs, but did get to air the house some. The outdoor kitties sure were loving the warmer weather. They love laying out on the deck and sunning, and this was the first week they actually had several chances, when it wasn't too cold or raining.
Things are really starting to green up. I can see buds on the trees, and my daffodils were just starting to open yesterday morning. Sigh! I am betting the blooms don't survive the snow, ice and 20's.
My frugal week:
- Finished up the kitchen deep clean. Polished all the cabinets - they look so pretty & fresh
- I used up ham broth and ham from the freezer this week
- Did lots of paperwork this week
- Working on de-clutter more
- Put up 18 more individual bottles of water. Neighbors gave me more pop bottles.
- Got to air the house 2 1/2 days this week
- Ran to Kroger for one of their 4 day specials. I got 5 - 4 lb. bags of sugar for .99/bag. I also found 2 bottles of Hidden Valley cheddar/bacon dressing and 4 bottles of zesty Italian dressing for .69 each on clearance. I also got 4 big bottles of Hunts catsup on clearance for .79 each. They are remodeling the store (again - ugh) and getting rid of a lot of goodies. Those were my only shopping parcels this week. Oh, I did buy a gallon of milk too.
- Made tartar sauce
- Doing all the normal stuff - making tea, eating all leftovers, cold water laundry, etc.
Meals this past week:
Ham and beans and homemade cornbread (from scratch)
Ham & beans with rice and cornbread
Chili/cheese baked potatoes
DINER food (we bad) - it was sooooooo good!
Tuna patties, salsa mac n cheese
Finger foods - spicy summer sausage, cheese slices, crackers, dip & veggies (we were both tired)
Smoked sausage, fried cabbage and buttered noodles
Kind of quiet of the frugal front. The week has been stressful, as we are being bombarded with a lot of extended family stuff - but that is another story.
My plans are to continue to go through areas I haven't yet and get rid of more stuff. Hopefully by weeks end, it will be warmer and perhaps dry out a little so I can do some yard work.
HOW WAS YOUR WEEK? Any great deals or frugal finds? Are you spring cleaning yet?
I am sure we are all anxiously waiting for the temperature to change up a bit.
I am adding a lovely prayer from our paper this week:
"Awaken our senses today, O God, to beauty. Enliven our spirits with hope. Enrich our lives with virtue. Season our lives with joy. Amen"
This just seems fitting for myself - but I imagine for many.
May you all be healthy and safe this week and stay frugal my friends.
Prayers for those having health issues, that you are touched by the healing hands of God.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.