I have had several check in again this week. An old friend from high school called to see how I was doing - we had a nice catch up talk. My former neighbors called again, saying they had a grocery run planned and did I need anything. So sweet.
My neighbor was going to the store and asked if I wanted anything. Kroger had a nice sale on spiral hams - so I said I wouldn't mind one and a couple other things. Got it! Let the neighbor borrow a power tool for the day for getting me things.
People are being kind. It would be nice if it lasted - but I am not holding my breath (sadly).
Prayers for you all on this Palm Sunday and for the beginning of a Holy week.
The flowers are getting lush and popping up everywhere. Tulips are blooming. Grass is so green and the trees are all budding. The magnolia trees got to bloom and look gorgeous.
It sure looks like the earth is coming back to life. I love spring!!
- Made up a batch of cheese biscuits from a mix I got as a gift
- Made some sausage gravy with 2 sausage patties from the freezer
- My neighbor got me a spiral cut ham for .95/lb. this week. I also wanted and got bell peppers (.99 bag) and milk - 1 gallon for 2.19. That ham will provide a generous amount of different meals.
- I did go and drop mail off at the outdoor box at the post office (2 blks. up the road). I drove a couple blocks further and drove through the park just to see the trees blooming and the flower gardens. Never got out of the car - it was just a needed and pretty drive for a few minutes.
- All bills received, paid for the month
- Cut grass - it sure is growing steady now
- Got a LOT of yard work done this week. I worked on an area that was totally ignored last summer (I ignored a lot last summer). It all looks so clear and nice now. Even cleaned a bunch on the neighbors (the young couple) side of fence. It was good to get out and move and FREE exercise. I sure slept good that night.
- My neighbor cut a bunch of dead limbs from his trees and burned them. I asked for all the ashes for the garden. They were gladly given!
- Just doing all the normal stuff - eating from home, cooking from scratch, cleaning and de-cluttering, laundry - just normal every day things.
Meals this past week:
Beans/rice and smoked sausage and biscuits
Rice/bean/chicken tender roll-ups with Ranch dressing
Biscuits and sausage gravy
Tamale pie and fresh veggies & dip
Cheesy mac with beef and beans added
Homemade club sandwich - who needs a fancy deli?
How was your week? Are you getting a lot of things accomplished around the home and yard? Hope you are getting some decent weather.
I live in the flight path of the airport - and generally at any given hour you see/hear at least a half dozen planes in the sky (or more). It sure is quiet now. I occasionally see and hear a plane, but not many. There are several helicopters that I see - I think TV news choppers - but few planes. Seems weird.
Streets are quiet as well.
My neighbor said the grocery was fully stocked with everything except paper products (of which there were none). But all aisles were full and they said there wasn't a rush of people. Maybe things are evening out some.
I pray that God will help us each to surrender our worries to Him and that we strengthen our faith each and every day - and that He will see us through this, as only He can. Amen
Blessing to you and yours from my humble little home to yours.