Good day to all! Hope this finds you all well and healthy and safe.
I am doing pretty well. We have had decent weather for the beginning of December. The first of the week was a bit icky, but we have mellowed to having days in the 40's and nights in the 20's and on and off sunshine. Had a brief flurry on Monday (I believe), but nothing stuck.
According to the weatherman the month of December may be warmer and drier than normal in our area. OK! Sounds good to me.
There was a couple days that I heard the call of crows/ravens (whatever they are). Looking out back, there were a good dozen or more between my yard and the neighbors. They were huge!!!! I watched one walking down the alley as if he owned it. Just kind of strutting along. There is just something ominous about them to me. I don't know why - they just give me the creeps. Thank goodness they were just passing through.
It is funny - we have lots of doves and pigeons that show up as well as all the littler birds. Blackie could care less - he lays out there under a bush with pigeons and doves eating right next to him. BUT - let the hawk show up, and he is up and moving! I have a very large adult hawk and a younger one that comes by from time to time. I mean this would be paradise to them - so many small birds. Blackie is not having it. He does all he can to scare/chase them off. I just wonder if he senses that they are predators and not friendly. It is really strange to watch.
My nephew came into town Saturday for business and came by for a nice visit. It was great to see him. We had some great conversation. Usually only get that opportunity on the phone. Super enjoyed the visit. Great way to end the week.
This week - nothing major to report. Just a lot of small things - none of which took a lot of time - but needed done.
- My biggie - didn't leave the property all week and spent ZERO money!!!!
- I froze turkey pieces for wraps and some for soup (chopped)
- Made a small pot of turkey and noodles
- Got more items together for donations
- Made some cuttings of some very old house plants that I have - to root in water
- Printed out some recipes I found
- Have had FREE premium channels all week and have been recording some movies to watch later
- Put together new bottles of dish soap and shampoo - both with a bit of vinegar added
- I spent about a day and a half straightening all the pantry stock. Upstairs daily pantry, basement stock and second bedroom pantry over flow. I brought up a lot from downstairs. Organized, cleaned, inventoried and re-arranged and rotated.
- I jarred up a bunch more pasta. Did a gallon glass jar of veggie rotini and a gallon pf thin spaghetti. Spaghetti is a pain - so stopped after one gallon jar - as it doesn't fit and you have to break it all to fit in jar. Brought the balance of boxes upstairs. I refilled all my kitchen jars as well.
- Started working on my jar recipes for gifting.
- Found a good Christmas music channel on cable and have been listening to many oldies.
- Just doing all the basics of everyday life. Not a lot of excitement at my house!!
Meals this past week:
Turkey and noodles and slaw
Fried garbanzo beans topped with taco meat, cheese and diced tomatoes
Hash browns and southwest pinto beans (canned)
Cheeseburger 'sloppy Joes' and fries
Rice mixed with leftover Joe mix & cheese and salad
Meat/cheese and veggie wrap
Fried rice with mixed veggies and ham pcs. added
**Finished up the desserts left from Thanksgiving as snacks
How has your week been? What is everyone up to? Baking, shopping, crafting, wrapping or just snuggling for a long winter nap?
I pray you all have good and thrifty week ahead. Stay well.
Blessings to you and yours from my humble little home to yours.
Thank you Lord for ALL our blessings. Amen