Good morning all. Here we are the last weekend before Christmas. Just doesn't seem possible. We will be starting a new year in a couple weeks. It is amazing how fast the year has gone despite staying home a lot.
This morning is a foggy and misty morning. It is supposed to warm to the 50's by mid week - then crash for Christmas day. It looks like it will stay in the 20's that day with a slight chance of flurries - then again warming a bit.
Tomorrow is the winter solstice and the shortest day (daylight) of the year - it is all upward from there!!! I hope everyone gets the opportunity to see the the planets align tomorrow evening - "the Christmas star". Hopefully the clouds will clear here. That should be awesome to see.
Well finally this week, Blackie has decided it might be a good idea to sleep in the greenhouse some. It got very cold and we had snow one day - and he finally decided to go in and sleep! He is definitely an outdoor cat and probably spent most of his life (before here) outdoors. I think he feels trapped being inside. I worry about him - but finally realized that he IS smart enough to get out the extreme weather. He and the girls can share as there is plenty of space in there for all!
Those crows were back this week. My goodness they are big - the size of chickens! If one were starving........well just saying! LOL! Big bird (hawk) was around a lot this week. I saw it several times - just sitting and watching and waiting by the bushes out back. Grrrr - leave my little birdies alone!
It has been real quiet here this week. I still haven't done baking - as I am waiting to know what might be going on for the holidays. No need to bake just me, as I don't need it.
- I ordered my jerky and summer sausage I get every year as Christmas gifts on Monday. It comes from Walnut Grove, OH and it has to be cold before they ship meat products. Surprisingly it was delivered Saturday. YAY! I was afraid to leave all week as I didn't know when it would come.
- I got my cards all addressed and mailed. It was kind of sad going through the address book. So many people are no longer here and many others have just gone their own way. I definitely need to make a new book!
- I cut my hair and colored it a bit from product I have on hand. No longer looking like Mrs. Claus!!!!
- Used all my leftovers in some new way or packaged and froze for later
- I got to talk to a friend from the other side of the country this week. I also talk with an old chum from high school. I love getting to catch up with people.
- Been doing all the normal stuff - using what I have, meals from home, cleaning and sorting
- NO grocery shopping at all again this week - only time I left was to drop cards at mail box up the street (it was so cold - I didn't want to walk)
- Cleaned out the frig and washed it all down
- Watching a new 'series' on YouTube - of Curiosity Inc. It is a channel from Canada - and he has purchased contents of 'another' hoarder house - he is calling this one the Musicians house. She was a very wealthy woman in her life and they have estimated that there is over a million dollars worth of clothes and accessories in the house! It sure makes you look at your own stuff differently!!! Watching other You Tube videos as well - love getting new ideas and perspectives on things
Meals this past week:
Beans and rice (with leftover taco meat added) and corn muffins from the freezer
Burritos using beans/rice and fresh veggies on the side
Turkey bowl - mashed pots, gravy, turkey topped with corn (like KFC chicken bowls)
French bread pizza - 2X - made with bread found in freezer and ingredients on hand
Oven fish and mac n cheese with peas added
Just using things from the freezer and pantry. It all tastes good and nothing goes to waste.
I suppose everyone is ready for Christmas (?). I know many celebrations will be small or delayed. It is OK - just let others know you love them. That is a huge gift - especially for those who are alone.
Christmas day festivities are my 2nd 'on hold' event this season. Two have been exposed - and for the sake of our 2 immune deficient babies in family - we will wait. It is all good - we are all well, Gifts will wait.
This coming week will not be regular type posts as many may be too busy to participate. I will still post - but it will be pictures/stories or fun facts of Christmas. Hopefully little things to make you smile.😻
I am wishing you all a safe and healthy holiday. Hold Christmas in you heart and bare in mind the reason of the season - it isn't about gifts and fancy get togethers.
In case you are off line this week - MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.