Happy Sunday all!
Goodness, here we are less than 2 weeks out to Christmas. How did that happen?
I had a good week here in my area. There was actually a couple days that sun came out and we had 60* or higher. Loved that. Yesterday was rain and even some sleet and a bit windy. Temps are starting to lower and we will be in 30's and 40's this week (more normal temps).
I wish I had a recording device (some day). The other morning I went outside for the second time of the morning to pick up the cat food dishes to wash (wet food) and it was a frosty morn - the sky was bright pink in the East as the sun was just coming up and there was a chorus of birds singing away. It was just lovely. I could hear so many birds - it almost reminded me of a spring day (except it was frosty!).
First time out that morning was dark - but the moon was bright and the silence was blissful.
I made a trip to run errands this week and it happened to dawn on me that there were NO Salvation Army red buckets any where. So sad. I always made a point of dropping money at each one I came to. It may not have been a lot (sometimes change) but I always left something at each one. Funny how something so simple can change the feeling of the holidays. I loved hearing the bell ringers and always enjoyed their presence.
- Finished up the jar recipes and made labels for them with instructions
- Got all my 'goodie' bags together with what I have so far - I am always adding something!
- On my run this week - I dropped off mail at P.O., took books back to library outdoor deposit drawer, and stopped and got ALL the G.C.'s I wanted to give (gas cards, WM and Kroger cards)
- Actually got to open back door and a couple windows 2 days this week to air the house! How wonderful to do that in December!!!
- Made 2 batches of grape jelly (8 pints and 4 half pints) - mainly for gifting (grapes from freezer). Shucks, one didn't seal, so I guess I get to use that one - LOL
- Made up a batch of trail mix
- Doing all the basic things - meals from home, using what I have, brought up more gallon glass jars to fill, NO grocery shopping, just cleaning and working around the house
My meals this past week:
Last of leftover fried rice and scrambled eggs and toast
Pizza pasta skillet - 2X -- pasta with all the other fixings of pizza
Beef bits (from freezer) with gravy and mashed potatoes
Oven fried fish and fries (been craving fish)
Diced potatoes fried with smoked sausage topped w/cheese and a side of sweet/sour red cabbage
FIRST - I want to say THANK YOU to all who commented on what to do with blog in 2021! I am truly humbled by all the wonderful responses - you have no idea. I guess I just keep trucking along and doing what I do and maybe add some surprises here and there - like Santa!! LOL Thank you all - you guys are awesome.
How was your week? Have you started or finished your baking yet? Good grief I haven't even started that! Are you all ready for the holiday?
Has anyone been out driving and looking at lights? I really miss doing that. I don't see well at night driving - so I miss a lot of the pretties.
Have you been frugal this week?
I pray for each of you and hope that you are safe and well. May you have a wonderful week ahead.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. John 3: 16-17