Happy last Sunday of 2020! My goodness, this time next week we will all be learning to write 2021!! I am still getting used to writing 2020. Oh such problems we have! LOL!
We had some lovely temps this week - then we had deep frigid temps. It dropped almost 40 degrees in one day. We went from the low 60's to 20's. YUK. But on a positive note - the daylight hours will now start growing longer!
We had the coldest Christmas day in 16 years. It didn't get out the the teens that day. We barely had a dusting of snow - but we did have snow. I know many got a lot of snow.
I had a quiet holiday - had lunch with a friend on Christmas day. The day at brother's got postponed do to someone being exposed.
Today I have a niece and her family coming in town. I am so excited to see them.
- I took advantage on warm day and scrubbed all the watering holes and birdbaths outdoors. (Birdies sure are loving the heated birdbath these cold days)
- Went out and finished getting a couple little things I needed and got all wrapped
- Delivered my brother's children's/grands gifts to his house - so they could pick up and have on time
- Ran to the bank while out and got gas for the Blazer. That is maybe 3rd or 4th time I put gas in vehicle ALL year!! Needed less than half tank EACH time.
- Got myself a pretty new wall calendar for new year while out (kitties - go figure)
- I got a huge surprise in the mail - a refund check from the IRS w/interest (!!!) for 2018. I still don't understand that - as Glen did those taxes and he was always correct - but it was a really nice size check for over payment. I RAN to the bank with it!!!!!! (I did get a notice last winter - but didn't think it was real). You just never know what is scam and what is not any more!
- Washed the front door glass (full glass door) while it was warmer
- Moved furniture and did a deep sweep and clean (that took most of a day)
- Finally baked 2 kinds of cookies
- I received a gift in the mail from a friend across the country - so unexpected and appreciated. My sister-in-law gave me a 'special' extra gift to bring home as well.
- While out doing errands - I treated myself to a treat (my gift to me!). I stopped at the drive thru of Long John Silver's and got take out!!! I have been craving Long John's for a while. 2nd time for takeout ALL year! Merry Ho-Ho to me!!!!!!
- Went to a friends for Christmas dinner. Nice to sit and have someone to chat with. Sent me home with some cheesecake and sliced ham!
- Got word the family wanted to come up today on Thursday - pulled out everything I needed to feed them from pantry and freezers. Will have a nice meal and snacks - no extra expense!
- Doing all the normal things we all do - using leftovers, cooking from scratch, laundry, cleaning, etc.
Meals this past week:
Leftover mac n cheese and added leftover corn and a can of tuna
Sausage gravy (from freezer) over toast
Chicken tender sandwich w/lettuce & sliced radish
Leftovers in the frig
Dinner at friends
Grilled ham and cheese sandwich
I have the crockpot going already with BBQ meatballs and mini wienies. Everything else is ready and just needs heated. Made 3 lbs. of hamburger into sloppy Joe - have cheese slices and beef stick. Crackers and chips and cheese dip. Pickles and olives. Tea and pop. Have slider buns and small tortilla wraps. Cookies and goodies.
Everyone comes and just eats all afternoon - whenever and whatever they choose.
It sure is nice to have a deep pantry and freezer!
I hope you that celebrated had a nice Christmas - whether quiet or together - we keep our loved ones in our hearts. If you and your family are healthy - you got a blessed gift. Our greatest gift is just knowing we have God with us each day.
I wish you all a wonderful week and will be back on Tuesday!
May you all stay healthy, safe and frugal. Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
The new year is a good time to start at the beginning and start reading it all again!