It sure was a rainy month - then WE GOT SUMMER! The heat is on for sure. It has been around 90* every day and no rain this week! I have actually had to start watering my plants - first time since they were planted.
It appears that the 90's will be here all week. I can handle the heat OK - but it is extremely humid. That is what affects most of us. The AC has gotten use this week. Drinking lots of water and keeping lots of fresh water out for all the birds, squirrels, bees and kitties.
The birds have been taking lots of baths in the bird bath. That must feel so good to them - they are fun to watch. The hummies have been drinking a lot early and late in the day - they pretty much aren't seen in the heat of the day.
My weekly activities:
- I ran to the feed store on Tuesday. While out I stopped at the BMV to get my new registration for the Blazer. I was in and out in 8 minutes. I have never had such a short visit. They told me that I would receive sticker in the mail in about 10 days, and I got it Saturday! Pretty good service.
- Made new hummingbird nectar
- Picked my first cucumber!!!! It was hiding at the bottom of the plant
- Line dried laundry
- Got one closet all cleaned and organized
- Mowed and weeded - that never ends!
- Watering plants with rain water
- Washed windows, doors and mirrors. Also took apart and thoroughly cleaned all the door knobs in the house - they are all crystal knobs
- Scoured the bottoms of all stainless steel pans and a couple copper bottom pans to remove any discoloration - nice and shiny now.
- Went to the library and the farm market on Saturday - both are in the park. I bought one large green tomato to fry up this week!
- Stopped at a yard sale one block from the park (they all got rained out when they had neighborhood sale). I bought a Gooseberry Patch cookbook for .50 and a cup of lemonade from a sweet little girl for .50! Pretty cheap entertainment for a morning!!!!!!
Meals this week:
Grilled cheese and a fruit smoothie
Stuffed pepper skillet
Small pasta/veggie salad
Chicken tender/slaw roll-up and a fruit smoothie
It has just been so humid this week and that seems to suck away all my energy. My TMJ (jaw alignment) has acted up this week as well. This happens a couple times a year and just has to right itself. It is aggravating and uncomfortable. Today it is actually starting to ease a bit!!! YAY!
What was your week like? Did you get any good deals? Garden produce?
Watch the sales this week - as here in the U.S. there should be a lot of good deals with Independence Day coming up. I am sure there will be lots of cook-outs and celebrations.
I pray that everyone has a safe and healthy week. Prayers for healing for all in need. Stay cool and hydrated my friends.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.