We had rain and more rain the first part of the week and lots of humidity and heat. Had to use the AC a couple times. There were some nasty storms that blew through the state this week as well. Luckily I had no damage from them - but many did. Several tornadoes touched down.
It has returned to lovely 70's, and sunshine for a couple days. Enjoying open windows and fresh air!!!
I have enjoyed the blue jays this week - they sure are noisy! Such a distinctive call. They sure do love them some peanuts!!! I have seen a baby bunny running around. It doesn't even have a cotton ball yet, just a white spot. It is maybe 4" long. I sure hope cats don't get it. It is just too cute.
Cardinals abound in the yard. So many kinds of birds and critters - some days it is hard to believe I live in the city.
- I finally got the remainder of my garden plants in pots.
- I was pulling weeds out of the garden area and came across 4 volunteer tomato plants. Leaving them there and put cages around them. FREE tomatoes!!
- Cooked a couple big b/s chicken breasts - which became a few different meals
- Laundry in cold and line dried a bit
- Had a meeting with insurance/investment guy. I knew I would be OK - but it looks better than I anticipated. Glen took care of me for sure.
- Went to Harbor Freight and bought a expandable/collapsible ladder (goes to 17') and used a 20% off coupon. we have needed one for ages.
- Neighbor - Lee and I cleaned out my gutters. Oh my goodness - what an absolute mess. They were FULL of gunk! (overflowing when it rained). They are all clean now. The ladder thing sure was tiring!!!!!!!
- Next - that meant I had to wash down the house and the awnings - as they were a mess after gutter cleaning. Then I cleaned the entire drive and the Blazer needed a bath. I still have to redo windows. Exhausting day.
- Mowed the yard and trimmed and pulled weeds as I could in between rains.
- Been using the dehumidifier and ceiling fans as much as possible instead of AC all the time
- I received a refund check on G's supplemental insurance & also received one life insurance check
- I ran to the feed store Friday and stopped at 3 yard sales on the way back home. Haven't done that in ages. I did get some deals (some for gifts).
- I got 5 story books, an embroidered hoop (needs edges trimmed), 3 vintage linens, 1 Christmas linen, 1 multi-story book, and 24 pretty card envelopes for a total of $5.50
All this for $5.50. The story books are for a new gr.gr. niece. The envelopes will be used for homemade cards and I love old linens
- Second sale - nothing. Last one (almost didn't stop as it was a bad traffic spot). I thought I did good before - this one was fantastic. Everything you could fit in a plastic grocery bag was $1. YEP, I got a very high quality table runner (winter scene), kitchen holiday towel, 2 rustic hand towels, 1 tea towel, and 3 lovely tops for me. The tops all have some open lace on them and will be worn over tank tops - nice for dressing up a bit from t-shirts! ALL FOR $1!!!!!!!
Click on pictures to enlarge
The blouses are so pretty - the picture doesn't do them justice. As you can see by the last picture - they table runner still had a tag on it and it alone sold for $29.99. I think I got some deals for sure. Probably didn't NEED any of it - but that day it made me happy!
My simple meals
Chicken breast hoagie (bun from freezer) and salad
Chicken and seasoned rice
Salsa Mac n Cheese and a hotdog
Cheesy veggie mac soup (leftover mac and a can of condensed veggie soup together) Tasty!
Summer sausage/cheese and crackers (too tired for anything else)
Chicken/salsa/cheese/jalapeno flatbread (bread from freezer and all ingredients on hand)
Fried chicken tenders and French Fries. Used cheddar/bacon dressing as dip
Seems this week was themed - chicken! I tend to do that now. May be ground beef, chicken, sandwiches, etc. Whatever is easiest!
How was your week? Did you get any frugal deals?
How are the gardens doing?
I pray that each of you have a lovely, healthy and safe week.
PLEASE let's all keep the farmers in our prayers. It has been devastating in so many areas for farmers due to all the rain and flooding. It is going to be a tough year for sure.
May the Lord help us all consume less and conserve more.
Blessings my friends, from my humble little home to yours.