It has been quite a week here. Sometimes a bit overwhelming for sure. We had some decent weather for a few days. We had spring, summer and fall all in one week. Crazy. Yesterday was horrible as far as weather. Terrible storms came through the state and there is much damage.
We got almost 4" of rain yesterday, and most of that came in about 2 hours. Torrential rains!
I have a very flooded back yard and a very wet basement - but consider myself lucky compared to others. The kids next door had water up to their knees in their basement!!! A tornado hit 10 minutes up the road.
Thankfully it is clear at the moment.
I just keep thinking about the farmers. They had a slight reprieve this week to get some things done and I imagine it was all for naught now. Flooding is covering a lot of the state. More rain tonight and tomorrow!
My opinion is God is letting us know He is still in control! We need to quit destroying this planet.
I saw my first lightening bugs of the season this week. They make me smile. The first ice cream truck of the season came down the road this week as well. They always take me back to being a little girl!
My lilies are absolutely covered with buds. In a few days there will be a sea of yellow and orange in the backyard! I sure hope my garden plants survive all this flooding! Little bun-bun (the bunny) is thriving and growing - so cute.
I had to go turn a funeral visitation this week and took my sister with me. On the way there my Blazer started making noise and smelling hot. Geesh, I repeat I have my sister with me - she is 88 and we are 30 minutes from home. We get to the funeral home and my brother went and looked. Thought he knew what it was and said I should be able to get home. Thankfully we did.
Got it in shop this week and it was what he said and more. Brakes, rotors and calipers on the whole back end = big bucks!!! UGH! I guess peace of mind is priceless though.
My week in revue:
- Made hummingbird nectar - they are showing up regularly now!
- I got FREE flowers from the florist when I went to make a purchase. They always send you home with flowers when you go in. I had enough for 2 bouquets - down to one now.
- I ran to the library and got a couple books
- Pulled more weeds
- Finished planting the garden plants. Zucchini in now (hope they aren't drowned)
- Froze the last little bit of milk in a jug in ice cube trays - will be good for smoothies
- Had dinner Sunday at my sisters. Got to visit with one niece and her husband. We don't see each other often
- Sis sent home leftovers with me - they provided me with 2 meals
- Stopped at Kroger (across the road from repair shop) and got black seedless grapes for .88/lb. Fresh ear corn 8/$1. Bushes baked beans (nice size cans) .99/each. Angel food cake for 1.99.
- Have 2 full water barrels! I still have not had to water anything I have planted - the rain keeps coming!!!
Meals this week:
Dinner at sisters
Potato cakes with a small piece of chicken cut up in them (from leftovers)
Last potato cake and a nice chicken breast - made a fruit smoothie as well
Piece of pizza from the freezer and a banana (it was late)
Red beans/rice (with cooked burger from freezer) and biscuits
Fried corn and seasoned turkey burger (2nd burger went in freezer)
It has been quite a stressful week. I have been kind of emotional. This too shall pass.
The sun is shining today, I have my home and my kitties and I can get through anything else. I am much better than many in my state this morning. Praise the Lord.
This is my front walk-up. I love it. Some may think it is over grown but it makes me smile. I love the variety.
How was your week? Did you get any good deals? How is the garden doing? I hope you have no weather situations causing problems.
May you all stay safe and healthy this week. Prayers of healing for those in need.
Prayers for all the farmers in this difficult season.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.