What another weather week we had. It sure has been a mixed bag. We got to air the house on Tuesday afternoon, then again on Wednesday and the morning temps were acceptable for that on Thursday - but oh my the wind!!!!! The wind and rain were unbelievable. There were tornados in surrounding counties and there was a lot of damage all around. We had gusts of 60 - 70 mph.
Our neighbor called and asked if they could park at our house as their huge pine tree was swaying 'A LOT' in the wind, and she was afraid it would end up on their vehicle. Crazy.
This morning it is snowing - snowflakes the size of quarters. They are huge and plentiful and sticking! It won't last long on the ground thankfully.
This week it appears that we may get close to 'normal' temps! Here's hoping.
The Robins returned this week - and they look pretty stunned this morning pecking around in the snow. Poor babies. Also saw the return of the red-winged blackbirds and we now have 3 types of woodpeckers visiting. Spring is close!!!!
We are so blessed as there are so many people around the country that were inundated with snow and rain and flooding. It is so sad to see the pictures. I just can't even imagine.
Prayers for all.
Our frugal week:
- I have always used a microfiber cloth on my Swifter, but this week I came across a stretched out pair of sport socks of G's - and they slide over the Swifter perfectly. I will use them from now on.
- The bottom of our jar squirrel feeder was starting to come apart - so I got out there and fixed it. A few strategic screws worked wonders. Temporary fix until I get my new one (I got for Christmas) stained and up
- I ran errands one day - whew I made a day of it.
- Gas for Blazer - .30/gal discount. First fill-up since in January
- Dollar Tree - got the 5 Himalayan pink salt for $1 each and I got ranch dressing/dip mix - 2 double packets for $1 each. Love having them on hand for a quick dip or dressing. Those are over $3 at the grocery
- I then ran into the Kroger by the DT (it's not one I usually go to) just to check for any mark downs. I found snack cheese on markdown for .99 packet. These are great for snacks or quick protein fix at lunch. They had 5 packs and I got them!
- On to Joann Fabric - looking for a few odds and ends for a project G and I are working on. Trying to come up with a prototype hand/finger brace/support for his brother. Frustrating as there is nothing we can find ready made that would work
- Rural King - last but not least. Big stock up on canned cat food and some squirrel and bird feed
- We fixed our ceiling fan/light in the bedroom. Our neighbor came and worked on it for us. I had $8 in parts I had purchased a while back, and he did the labor. Both chains for fan & light had broke off in the base (unit is 31 years old). It is a Hunter unit and the quality is superb - we sure couldn't replace with something similar for a decent price today. Love that it is working and saved!
- Continuing with the deep cleaning and declutter - never ending chore.
- All regular daily chores
- Made a batch of pecan/toffee brownies for snacks
Meals this past week:
Swiss burgers, pizza rolls & salad
Beef Manhattans and asparagus
Tuna patties, cheesy mac & salad
Pork chops and veggie/pasta salad
Sliders and pasta salad
Grilled Rueben roll-ups
All leftovers used up in other meals
So there you have it. Not all that exciting, but we did get some frugal deals and fixes.
How was your week? Any deals? Fixes? Projects?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Prayers that you all have a blessed, healthy & safe week. May we all 'find joy' in the simple things this week. Some of our happiest moments come from the simple things.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.