Happy Sunday to all! It just seems so weird to be dating things June. Time flies!
It is a lovely morning - at the moment. We are supposed to get rain later on today. My area has had some small rains off and on this - we lucked out and the 'storms' all missed this area. Not all of the state could say that as there was a tornado touch down this week.
I haven't had to water the in-ground garden yet! The pots I do water with rainwater collected as they dry out fast.
I have blooms on tomatoes and a few teeny tiny tomatoes on the cherry tomatoes. 3 bitty peppers. Everything is growing and filling out beautifully!!!!
Groundhogs are back in the area!! UGH. They have tried to get through to my yard in a couple places. One actually did early on, then I got it all blocked off. Well, my neighbor is on a mission to catch them as they moved to his yard! Under his deck. I am sure glad not to have them in my yard for a change! Loaned him my traps!
Been watching sparrows feed their young. I have a feeder on the porch, and momma eats and then flies down to the handrail on ram where her babe is and feeds it! Oh my goodness, it is so sweet. The baby looks as big as mom - but she is taking good care of it.
Flies are horrible this year. When it gets hot and muggy in the afternoon - boy, you have to be careful when opening a door. They just hover at the doors and try to get in! I don't like flies!!!!!!!
Lightening bugs are starting too! It is so comforting to look out after dark and see those pinpoints of light flashing about.
- Changed out the filter in the furnace for AC use
- Did more cutting of wild growth and weeding
- Mowed and trimmed
- Weeded the garden and now it needs it again! Those darned old weeds sure grow fast
- Received a free magazine in the mail
- Cleaned out frig
- Ran to the Kroger to get Fluff's gravy food. I found discounted Italian bread and bagels on clearance for .99 ea. Got clearance fresh mushrooms. OJ was 1.27 half gal. and a watermelon on sale for 3.97
- Stopped and topped off gas tank - only needed 1/4 tank and I saved .40 per gallon with discount
- Stopped by the mission thrift store on the way home. Haven't been in a long while. I did find 6 books - got 6/$1 (4 cookbooks!). Free sandwich 'flats' (those flat bun like things) They were made with cauliflower and herbs - pretty tasty. I also found 2 - 13x13 canvas collapsible tote boxes for $2 each (brand new)
- Made a gallon of tea and added fresh lemon balm when brewing - tasty
- Worked really hard on the 2nd bedroom clutter. Closet from hanging bar down - emptied. Office area - cleaned out and up. Redid a lot of pantry overstock and got it in closet and out of sight! Used those new canvas totes for storage as well. It is coming along in there. I have a huge pile of items to take to thrift store on Tuesday when they re-open,
- Well, after 3+ long years, I finally started getting rid of G's clothes. I have had so many bagged and put away - but still here. That was a hard thing for me - but I finally got it started. I gave one of the new guys next door - several really nice shirts. I approached it cautiously and tried not to offend - he was thrilled!!!!! He has gained weight he said, and just started having to work back in the office a couple months ago. So they were needed.
- Cleaned the shelves on the coat closet as well. Found my fanny pack!!!!! I have been hunting for that for a while! (showing my age)
- Just doing all the basic stuff
Meals this week:
Cheese, rice, bean, salsa quesadilla
Baked beans, smoked sausage and salad
B. beans over toast topped with cheese, fried okra
Cheeseburger on cauliflower flats and fresh veggies
Mexican chicken (freezer) over rice
Veggie fried rice
SNACKS - fruit, cheese
How was your week? I hope you are all well and safe. We sure had some good conversations this week and several new people posting. I love that. The more the merrier. We all learn and share so much. You guys are great.
Did you get any deals this week? Gardens growing? What is happening around the house?
I hope you all have a great week. I hope you gals that are moving are getting settled some. I pray for rain for the extremely dry areas.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours!
O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for His steadfast love endures for ever!
Lord, help us to be appreciative of all things - big and small. We pray that you bless the farmer's and the home gardeners with wonderful bounties. Thank you for loving us! Amen