Well kiddos, the party is over!!!!!! Time to get back to 'normal'. We have had our celebrations and get togethers and now we get back to regular LIFE!
We ended and started the years quite mildly in my area. It was in the 50's and 60's and rain. Today - well BOOM it is cold. Winter has finally come and will stick around for a while. This next week looks to be pretty darn cold. There was even a dusting of snow this morning. Heck, we are one month closer to spring and about 2 1/2 months we will be there!!!!! We can do this!!!! LOL
We had chilly and warmer temps this week. Rain and more rain which made LOTS of mud! Oh geez, it has been mud fest here!! And fog!!!! Lots of fog this past week. The grass is so green - it is kind of funny to look out in January and see green grass.
On other news - my sis is HOME!!!!!!!!! YAY! She came home the day before NYE. She is still having occupational therapy and will for quite a while, and still has a bunch of pain. But she able to be home with her baby and she is trying to get back to somewhat of a normal life. It will still be a few weeks before she can drive - but we have all volunteered. My nephew really did a good job in placing a lot of safeguards in her home and even lowered her bed. (It was TALL and she is so short).
This just made my day and a great way to end/start the year!
- Did a lot of crock pot cooking this week - with the family get together and with my NY dinner
- Shared food with neighbor and his son. Helped them out with a couple meals of meat and some snacks!
- I had everything here I needed for that family thing, except buns and fresh veggies. Big spread for hardly no money!
- Got to actually air the house again 2X this week! Amazing
- All holiday stuff (both decor and gifts) is all put away till next year. The house looks empty!! LOL (but neat)
- Cut off the fronts of all cards to use for gift tags (next year) or lists
- New calendar marked up and on the wall
- I did my last store run of the year - because I had $20 is discounts I wanted and needed to use before the month ended. You KNOW I won't lose $20 in free money!! I got some more milk, fruit, juice and lots more cat food.
- I topped the gas tank while out, due to really cold weather coming. I only needed about a half tank. I paid 2.29/gal. with my discount! WOOHOO
- Using up leftovers in new ways and freezing some for later
- Yesterday I did a Twilight Zone marathon! YES, I am a TZ geek! I love it - and most of what I saw yesterday, I didn't remember seeing before. I know it is sci-fi (and I am not big on that), but each show always has a morale and something to make you think! That was my quiet NY day - that and finishing laundry and putting away tree.
- I ended/started the years with fresh sheets and bedding! LOL - that is always a thing I do. Just makes both the end and beginning feel fresh!
- Using what I have here, cooking from scratch, using leftovers, drinking tea and flavored water, laundry and just doing all the normal stuff. Pretty quiet week!
Meals for the past week:
Last Sunday - made Mex. pulled pork with a loin, BBQ wienies and meatballs, cheese dip, meat and cheese tray, veggie trays and dip, lots of chips and crackers, tea
Pulled pork sliders, chips and veggies
Pork fried rice
Pork soft tacos
Mini cheeseburgers, chips and veggies and dip
Homemade chicken tenders, fries and veggies (fresh)
Corned beef, cabbage and black eyed peas
SNACKS: fruit, fruit juice, meat & cheese w/crackers, Chex snack mix (gift), nuts
Want tacos and no lettuce - no problem. Soft pulled pork tacos with diced veggies (from tray) and Taco Bell sauce from frig (always keep). The crunch was nice, and these were great!
How has your week been? Has everyone finally gotten rested up from festivities? Do you have your decorations put away? How have you saved money this week?
Can't wait to hear from you all. Looking forward to getting back to our normal routine!!!!!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Lord, Thank You for the gift of this new year. Help us to make good of it and to always look to bless others and spread joy. May we always look at the good that You give and may we all resist the negative and evil that tries to invade our lives. I pray for peace and love for our world.