Happy Sunday to all. Here we are midway through January already!!!! I hope this finds everyone safe and warm and healthy. There has been a lot of nasty weather out there (all over) and cold temperatures. I sure hope you have all managed well through it.
We have had cold days and nights and warmer days. We have been in what the weatherman calls a "snow hole". All the snow has gone around us. We got just a dusting Saturday morning. Mind you I am not complaining at all!!!!!! It has gotten what I consider plenty cold here - but again I shouldn't complain, as it is sooooo cold other places.
We are halfway through meteorological winter and have faired quite well. I think my count is correct - 56 days till we "spring forward" with the time change and 63 days until the equinox (SPRING). Thinking back that Thanksgiving was over 50 days ago - it doesn't seem so bad. Time goes so quickly.
I have noticed that the daylight hours have increased some. It is light longer in the evening and a tad bit earlier in the mornings.
I have been dealing with a rash/hives for over a week. I have no idea what has caused this. I have changed nothing, used nothing, nor ate or drank anything different. All I know that at times the itch has been so intense!! Benadryl finally helped ease it. It is doing some better. Weird how it just popped up.
Oh well, such is life! If that is all I have wrong - well, I can't complain.
My week has been super quiet. Nothing exciting or big here. That is OK.
- I filled up some seasoning jars and bouillon jars up.
- Restocked all the feed containers with stock on hand. Squirrels and birds have been eating a lot
- Using Soda Stream and flavor packs and drinking water
- Have been cleaning door jams, windowsills and woodwork preparing for repainting them. I have the paint - just need to motivate myself!!!!
- Laundry all done and all the winter jackets and sweatshirts (daily wear ones) have been laundered
- No shopping
- I have been using leftovers, and bits and bobs from freezer and pantry again. Used 2 very small, pre-cooked pork chops in a meal (2), a single smoked sausage, home canned sauces, pre-cooked fried chicken (homemade), kraut in frig (from making Reubens) just all from my stock I have here.
- Doing all the normal daily things we all do
See nothing exciting at all
Meals this past week:
Pork (chops/diced) Mexican rice bowl
Loaded nachos - made w/leftover rice bowl stuff
Fried chicken breast and leg (from freezer) and veggies and dip (still left from holidays)
Fish, quartered potato and lima beans
Kraut, smoked sausage and mashed potatoes
Pasta, ground beef, zucchini (freezer) pizza flavored skillet
SNACKS - almonds, cereal and fruit
Very basic meals - yet they have all been tasty. Using what I have and not making even the slightest dent in stocks. It sure goes to show that I have a tendency to shop too often!
How has your week been? Have you gotten any of the nasty/cold/snowy weather? If so, I hope you are safe. Have you been shopping or getting deals? Using what you have? Give us a shout out and let us know what is going on in your part of the world!
Please stay safe, healthy and warm this coming week. My prayers go out for all and your families.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
So faith, hope. love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 14:13
Lord, help us to love everyone. It is so hard to do today, there is so much strife and wickedness in the world. Help us to turn our hearts to love and to turn our eyes and hearts to You. May we forgive and go forward with the faith that You have us in Your loving and protective hands and that You are our one hope. Amen