Happy Sunday all. One week of August over already! It will be September before you know it. It is hot here again - hoping for better temps and humidity this upcoming week. We did get some rain as well, so that helped things a bit. I think it sure made the Robins happy, as I saw them out there yanking up worms!! Poor birds have been pecking away at the 'cement' dirt for ages!
We had a couple cooler days and the outdoor kitties sure did love them. Lounging out on the front porch and in the glider and just hanging out on the back walk. Usually they are finding some cool place to honker down for the afternoon. Can't say that I blame them.
This week I got to enjoy an old classic from the 40's that I just adore. The Secret Garden. It is just the most lovely movie. I just happened upon it last Sunday on TV. I think it is one of my favorite old movies.
I got a lovely card and letter from a reader this week. Shout out to Cindy W from WV. Your card and note were lovely, I was really touched by it. She is having a hard time trying to figure out how to post - if anyone can offer tips, it would be appreciated. I think one needs a Gmail account - but I am not sure if that is all true. Can you guys offer her some advice? Please and thanks!
Kind of a quiet week here.
- I went out and cleaned out the front flowerbed and walk area and then the side of the house - of all the spent spiderwort plants. Sure makes a difference
- I went to lunch with a very long-time friend. We probably haven't seen each other in 10 years except on FB. We started working together back in the 70's. Had a great time catching up and spent the afternoon going to antique shops in the area (a new thing). Seemed like the old days!
- I followed a friend to the mechanic shop and then took him back another day to get his car.
- I got new wiper blades for the Blazer and got them on! What a difference they make
- Harvest - tomatoes, cucumbers - (got my first big one), cherry tomatoes, okra and peppers - zucchini seem to be done
- I did make a run to Kroger. I got a seedless watermelon for 2.49, bananas, 2 - milk 1.29/half, 4 huge rolls of paper towels for 5.49 (Brawny) that will last all year, and some cat treats. I also got a few markdowns that were nice!
I have already made one 'bunch' of lettuce last for 3 meals. The bread will be 4 meals of French bread pizza for a crust of .25 each! All other ingredients from what I have.
The steaks are perfect size for me (not a big steak eater). That is $2 a meal for a steak dinner!!! NOT BAD!!!!!
- While out I did stop and fill my gas tank. I got gas for 3.89/gallon. Not great, but better than it has been.
- Made plans for a Menard's trip for today. I am getting a light for out back and made a list of other items to get there as well. I don't go often, so I will get all I need.
- Just general cleaning - dusting and vacuuming. That is about it on cleaning, the house never gets messy
Meals this past week:
Leftover zucchini/rice/cheese and a tomato sandwich
Fish, fries and cucumbers
OUT TO LUNCH it was yummy. Went to a tea house called Rustic Root. Def. a girly place!
Big plate of cut up veggies and ranch dressing
Ham, cheese and veggie sandwich
Italian bread pizza
SNACKS - lone pork chop leftover, watermelon, banana, sweets
How was your week? Did you all find any bargains? Are you canning or freezing? I know some of you are - so far I haven't had enough to can with - just eat and share with neighbors. I am really enjoying eating a lot of fresh goodies.
Give us a shout out. I love hearing from you all.
Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption; but he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all men, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.
Lord, we thank you for this week and for all our blessings big and small. Help us to continue to be our best selves and to be humble servants of Thy word.