Hello all my lovelies! Happy Sunday. I hope this finds you all well and safe.
We are still having some cooler temps - by cooler I mean not 90's! Yesterday we got rain 2X and we had rain overnight. Looks to be a cloudy and maybe rainy day here.
The grass is sure lovely and green now - it was so brown and dormant for so long.
I guess my old ramp must have looked worse than I thought it did! I sure have had a lot of compliments on how nice it looks out front. Of course, in my defense - not many of the neighbors (I have now) ever saw the house without it (it was there for about 10 years). It does really make a difference. I still haven't decided what to do with the area.
- Doing the daily harvests - tons of cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes, peppers and okra. Not much in the way of cukes this week.
- Mowed the yard and trimmed
- Got the big pile of rotted wood taken out back for burning at some point.
- Did a repair on the back handrail - replaced a section of top. More to do - but a good fix for the moment
- Made myself a step for the right side of my porch (using ramp wood). Makes getting off the porch on that side easier and I don't have to walk all the way around the porch now
- Painted the mailbox post and got the brass numbers back up (you couldn't see the post or numbers when ramp was up)
- Froze more okra and tomatoes
- Trimmed my hair
- Talked with a neighbor, a retired professional painter - and he has agreed to take down and paint my front shutters and to sand and paint my security doors in the next few weeks. Gave me a great price!
- Made 2 no-bake cheesecakes on Saturday. One for a friend and one for here. Each was peach flavored using peach yogurt and a blended fresh peach.
- Doing all the normal stuff we all do
- I ran to the library on Tues. for the first time in ages this week
- I stopped at the last day of a Kroger sale on Tuesday - got ground beef for 2.79/lb., Jimmy Dean sausage for 2.49/lb. and white peaches for .89/lb.
- Went to Aldi this week - first time in ages. Yes, prices are up a little - but they are still better than most stores and they were very well stocked. I didn't need them - but eggs were 1.99/doz. there and they had lots of fresh potatoes (a little up in price). I got cauliflower (huge), lettuce (huge), tuna, canned chili beans and kidney beans, dried potatoes, crackers and dirty rice mixes. I even bought 2 bottles of wine. I spent less there than I have spent anywhere for a long while,
Meals this past week:
Sauteed zucchini, tomato & cheese and a steakburger
Chicken strips and a tomato/radish/pepper salad
French bread pizza
Pigs in a blanket and fresh veggies (used crescent rolls and jalapeno smoked sausage)
Loaded burger and chips
Tuna patty, mac n cheese and sliced tomato
Taco salad topped with tons of veggies
SNACKS - fruit, cheese-nips, and leftover mac n cheese
So there you go - nothing exciting, just keeping busy. How was your week? Any good deals or exciting happenings? Love hearing from you all.
I hope this week is good to you all. Stay cool.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation.