Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Don't Complicate Things

We all have the tendency to over complicate things - don't we?
We over think everything.  We overthink why people say what they say - why people do what they do - what people really mean.
We over think our actions and those of others.
We can make caring for our homes and families too complicated.
We need to learn to just be a bit more laid back and not worry so much about the WHAT IF's.

Stuff happens.  You can be prepared and should be - but stuff will still happen.  Things you didn't even think about can happen.  We can control 'part' of our daily life - but there is something/someone else MUCH bigger in control.
Don't fool yourself into thinking you have ALL the power.  You don't.  Not for a second.
I take precautions like the next person in this day and age - but I know my God has this.  I am a firm believer that our last day was decided on our first day.  You can't change it - you do not have that power.
I do believe we can determine the 'quality' of this life - but we have NO control on the quantity.  I know this is my belief and not everyone would agree - that is your choice.  I just think too many people complicate everyday life by thinking they can really control the outcome.


I love the feel and smell of an actual book.  I will read a real book IF I get the chance.
I love the smell of coffee - not the taste at all - but there is something comforting about the smell.
Oh a rainy day nap - it has been a while.  They are so relaxing.
Any front porch is wonderful.  I have been doing that a lot lately (until extreme heat came back).  Love seeing the sights, hearing the sounds and feeling the air.
A sunrise or sunset is the most beautiful art project ever!!!!  Our God is a perfectionist and it shows.

I keep hearing people say "I can't wait till things get back to normal".  "I can't wait till things are like they were before". 
That kind of makes me sad.  YES, I am over C19 and riots, and protesting and the pettiness of people. 
BUT truly - if things go back to the way they were before - we have learned NOTHING!!!!!!!    I don't want to see the world lose an opportunity to learn and grow and evolve into a better place. 
I want people to be better.  I want people to learn lessons that last.  I want to see people be better prepared for the stuff they can control.  I want to see people learn that simpler CAN BE better.  I want to see people more involved with each other and less involved with their technology.  I want to more of the "old-fashioned" ways come back and stay!

Don't overthink.  Don't over analyze.  Don't judge.  Don't be petty.  Don't spread discord.  Don't think you have COMPLETE control.  Don't borrow trouble with worry about things you can't control.
DON'T COMPLICATE THINGS

Life is wonderful and should be enjoyed thoroughly, each and ever day.
Life should be lived as a journey and not a destination,

Slow down and enjoy all the simple things - you will be so much happier.  The simple things are the things that matter most.
Peace my friends!

19 comments:

  1. You are so right, we do over complicate things when all we need to do is TRUST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do - our faith should be higher than our thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Perfect message for today..as I contemplate a conversation we had with our middle son last night. They have already purchased plane tickets to be with us at Christmas---and he was warning that those might have to be cancelled, due to Covid. Sad days, but we are still thankful for the many blessings we have. Missing all grandchildren terribly, but thankful they are safe at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do hope they get to use them. Prayer and faith get us through so much.
      I give thanks every day for what I am blessed with - can't let negative win!

      Delete
  3. If this pandemic has taught me anything - it is to appreciate all the little things that we can still enjoy. I'm just off the phone with a friend and we are thinking of expanding our social circle to include visiting inside each other's apt. This will become more important as the weather starts to change. I love to entertain but people are still being very cautious so we will take it step by step.

    In the meantime - we will continue to walk and enjoy a coffee on a patio while he weather is still warm. I have really come to appreciate patios after having no eating out options for so long!

    I plan for what I can but I'm trying to just "how with the flow" on other matters - as really, there's nothing that I can do about certain things - so I will learn to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it - we all will adjust!
      I like talking with neighbors outside and sitting outside. An occasional walk up the road or drive to the park and then just around. I am good. Yes, winter will be different - but we CAN adjust.
      No, we can not control others and we sure can't control our Maker's plan - so do what you can and go with the rest.
      I love your attitude.

      Delete
  4. When I was learning online I much preferred holding a book in my hand rather than read the text on a computer screen. The professor agreed with me, which probably dates us and makes us both old. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old is just fine! A bunch of us are old or getting older and that doesn't mean our ways are bad. I for one - believe they may be better than new and improved!

      Delete
  5. Things will never go back to the way they were before. We are a changed people. We will find changes we will keep. We will realize there are things we don't need and things we do. We will adapt and we will change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope things don't go back - it didn't seem to be working. So much I have realized that isn't needed.

      Delete
  6. I will totally agree with you. We really are not in control of our lives. We see that from time to time, like how hot and dry it is right now in Nebraska, the derecho storm that went through Iowa a few days ago, someone getting sick, a job that didn't materialize, etc. etc. I love books, too it is my main pass time as well as tea towel embroidery and coffee with my bestie. Thanks Cheryl for you good words of wisdom. Nanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have so little control - and it usually takes something big to make us realize it. All in God's time.
      Thanks for being here.

      Delete
  7. Thanks, Cheryl. I needed this reminder today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I think we all need to be reminded from time to time.

      Delete
  8. Preach it, Sistah! Our Elohim is mighty and gracious to give us the intelligence and skills to go through our days. He is by our side all the way. If folks would follow the decree of Yeshua Messiah to love one another, most of this horrible mess that is going on now (not including Covid-19) would be lessened. I so agree with your statement about the quality of life and the quantity. Every day that we wake up is a gift...don't squander it on foolishness. You mention several things that contribute to our quality of life. I love your list! Your parents must have been very wise and loving folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Each day is a GIFT of the upmost kind. It should be cherished and used in a wise manner. To do less is a discredit to our Maker.
      I had wonderful parents - I wish that everyone were so lucky.

      Delete