Thursday, August 6, 2020

Summer Fun Yums

Today I am giving a couple fun 'recipes' for the summer months.  Oh who am I kidding - I'd eat these goodies absolutely anytime of the year.  Bet you would too!!!


ICE CREAM TACOS
8 frozen round waffles - thawed
1 quart ice cream (flavored best) - softened
Mini marshmallows, hot fudge, chocolate syrup, mini chips - whatever you like
8 cherries (optional)

Warm the waffles - do NOT toast.  Gently fold each waffle in half and set it in a 13 x 9 baking pan - open side up.  Keep rows tight, so they don't fall over.
Add ice cream and any other ingredients you wish.  Cover and freeze until firm.  Drizzle with chocolate before serving.
                                                       (Not my picture) - from cookbook


ICE CREAM CONE CAKES
Mix up your favorite cake batter.
Set up  cones in a flat bottom baking pan.  Fill cones to within 1/2" from top.  Bake at 375* for 35 minutes (or as directed by your cake  recipe).  Cool completely and ice as you wish.
What a cute party idea - great for little ones or grown ups!  Makes eating your cake fun and easy!!
                                                       (Not my photo) - from cookbook


STRAWBERRY FREEZER JAM
2 C strawberries - hulled and crushed
4 C sugar
1 3/4 oz. pkg. powdered pectin
3/4 C water
5 - 1/2 pint freezer safe containers
Combine sugar and strawberries in a large mixing bowl and set aside
Whisk together pectin and water in a small saucepan - bring to a boil.  Boil and stir constantly for one minute, remove from heat.  Pour pectin water over strawberry mixture.  Stir until sugar is dissolved - about 3 minutes.
Pour into container and secure lids.  Set in frig until it sets up (about 24 hours).  Freeze for up to one year.
What a great gift!!!


Have some summer fun and yum.  I just love cute and simple recipes that makes people smile.
These would be fun for every age group!
ENJOY

19 comments:

  1. I particularly liked the ice cream tacos recipe. Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun tacos! Yum on the freezer jam. Thanks for the ideas.
    I made my daughter the ice cream cone cakes for her birthday this year. If you color the icing, you can put a spoon of each color in the frosting bag, and when you squeeze it out it makes a tie dye effect. She liked them anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is a cute idea. Thanks.
      I think fun recipes are neat.

      Delete
  3. I shouldn't have read this before dinner!! Now I want ice cream for dinner! Who's with me?! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the ice cream tacos look very nice. Now just to find some waffles, I have everything else.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done the ice cream cone cakes many times over the years. They are so much easier for little kids and you don't need plates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids and adults alike! Hope you are well.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for all your posting, Cheryl, I really appreciate it. Both of these sound so yummy! The Dollar Tree I go to carries very tasty frozen waffles so next time I go there I'll pick some up. Shirley near Seattle

      Delete
    3. You are so welcome Shirley. That would sure make it a deal - waffles for $1!!

      Delete
    4. We are doing good. My oldest just got married. Only had 22 people. Did Zoom for everyone else. It was beautiful but hot.

      Delete
    5. Glad to hear you are well. Congrats on the marriage. A new family member. I bet it was lovely!

      Delete
  6. Yum! I am partial to the ice cream waffles. When my girls were young, we used to splurge and have Dairy Queen for supper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Dairy Queen in years - and there is one just down the road! Love their dipped cones.

      Delete
  7. I need to make some. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Specially the ice cream waffles.

    ReplyDelete