Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Storms in Life

Today is just kind of a follow-up of some of the replies from yesterday.
It sure sounds like most of us are in the frame of mind when it comes to being prepared.  I guess that is why we are all here.
I, for one, don't want to be an ostrich and have my head in the sand.  I want to be aware and alert and prepared.  It seems so many people just don't get it - or they don't want to.  IT WON'T HAPPEN TO ME - a prevalent attitude today.

I said yesterday in reply to someone - we are more alike than different.  It doesn't matter where we live or what we do for a living - we want our families to be safe and strong and we want the assurance of what 'normalcy' we can scrape together.


I loved this saying the second I saw it.  So true.  Quit waiting for things to go back to normal - that may never happen.  Normal will be different from this day forward. 
Instead - learn to DANCE  - or thrive with what you have and the difficulties you are given.
It can be anything.  Losing a spouse, monetary abilities change, job gone, health issues, weather predicaments, etc.
There are just some things we can not change - believe me, I would have if I could have.  We need to learn that our lives change over and over during our years here on earth.  We have to learn and move forward.  That doesn't mean you aren't sad or that you aren't mourning that change.
It just means that we all have to learn a new DANCE at different times in our lives.


Most of us here, like that simpler lifestyle.  We know what to do if  **IT hits the fan.  We are prepared as well as we can be.
Nothing at all wrong with that.  It is smart.
I am a true believer that lifestyles in general are going to change.  I think society is heading for a step or three backwards.  I, for one, find that comforting!!!  I think life was better in years past - easier NO -  but better.

I am so happy to be a part of this community of fantastic, caring, and thoughtful people.  We all seem to be encouraging each other in so many ways.  That is what the world needs more of right now.  I wish we could bottle up the "love and communion" we have here and spread it every where.
I want you to know how much I appreciate each of you.  Thank you for being here.

Don't be hard on yourself - remember you can't be everywhere for everyone - just be somewhere for those that matter.
Be versatile, adept, and endeavor to persevere.
LET'S DANCE!!!!

19 comments:

  1. Love this...

    And I have always said, and to my kids, Bloom Where You are Planted! In other words, ADAPT and change what you can for the better.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, You are so right. Not easier but simpler. I have seen more yard gardens this year...like when I was a kid. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wisdom and reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, Cheryl. I love our little community too. I appreciate you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, I very much appreciate all the work you put in to posting so much. It does feel like a real community here, one that I do not have in real life. We always are adapting to change, whether big changes or small. Any tips I can pick up or provide are part of the dance. (I'm waltzing over here in the corner!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I think this is a great group as well. S much in common. Many don't have a real community to bond with in real life - if you know any - invite them here.
      I love learning new things from others.

      Delete
  6. I love that first poster Cheryl. I went out with a friend this morning - we walked through a huge nearby park that is wonderfully maintained and well used. We had a simple breakfast on the patio of the restaurant in this park - not expensive but we wanted to support them - and then walked some more. I enjoyed all the amazing flowers & plantings and spoke with some of the gardeners who maintain it all, while my friend enjoyed herself taking photos of all the flowers!
    We chatted about how lucky we are compared to so many in the world. We both live in small city apt. - we both have health issues - I still have to work PT while she is on disability - but in the greater scheme of things, we are very lucky.

    Our chief health authority in Canada today announced that we must get used to things being different and having to maintain some degree of social distancing and mask wearing for perhaps the next 2 to 3 years - especially if we want to get people back to work and children back to school. This will not be a short term event and even when a vaccine becomes available it could take up to 2 years to get everyone vaccinated, especially if a double dose is needed. Sobering news, but human beings are adaptable and I think that will make a huge difference in how we all move forward - Will we adapt or will we moan and whinge about how things used to be and fight against the inevitable? It will be interesting....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mam, we are so lucky compared to many. I know each of us has problems or sadness in our lives - but we are still here and we go on. What other option is there? There is one - but I choose life.

      Things will be different for sure for quite a while. It is our nature to moan and groan about things - but we will prevail!

      Delete
  7. Margie, I absolutely believe this will go until at least 22. I've read that the Spanish Flu was 3ish yrs. Even tho were more knowledgeable than then, there are more of us. The bigger thing is that we're far more mobile. Way easier to spread diseases in my opinion.

    I get lots of encouragement from this blog and others. It makes me realize there are others aware. I learn more ideas and it's always more fun to do things *together.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to learn new things with others. I love that.
      So glad we all work and play well together!!!

      Delete
  8. I think we've reached our new normal for the time being. When there is a vaccine against this dreadful virus, it will still be around because so many people are saying they will not take it. (I'd be first in line if I could).

    I think it has also been a time for many people to take stock of their lives and make some major decisions about how they want to live going forward. Those are the lucky ones, as they're learning their new dance.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes everyone needs to realize exactly what is important in life. It is surely an educational time in life.
      Take care my friend

      Delete
  9. Your blog is where all the cool kids hang out! So many intelligent and compassionate ladies! I am reminded of 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment". This attitude will be necessary if (most likely) this situation goes on for a few more years. I Thessalonians 5:11 LEB "Therefore encourage one another and build up each other, just as indeed you are doing". I think this pretty well sums up your blog posts and the conversation that follows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna those are just perfect passages from scripture.
      Thank you for posting those - wonderful reminders why we are here and what our mission is.

      Delete
  10. I love that first quote...and need to learn to do that more.

    ReplyDelete