My goodness - fall is finally here! We started out hot this week and ended on a cool fall note. A front came through and BOOM, just like that it was fall.
It looks that highs for at least the next week will be in the 60's and 70's and lows will be 40's and 50's!
No heat needed yet. I did get out my slippers!
We got a little bit of much needed rain over night. It is kind of gray outside right now, but I think the sun is supposed to shine at some point today.
- As it cooled, I did get some more yard work done. Slowly I am doing stuff. It sure is easier now that it is cooler!
- Got to turn off AC and open windows and air the house.
- Scheduled my furnace check for the 14th of this month (it is free)
- I worked more on the downstairs extra pantry - trying to organize some more and inventory. This is a long process.
- I went out only 1 day this week and ran to my brothers house. He sent me home with squash, green beans and cucumbers!
- I received a $5 gift card from the "Do It Best" hardware if I spend $25 for my birthday month. I am sure I can come up with some items for gifts or yard
- Got to pick some roses this week - they are blooming yet again. I made two bud vases up. Oh how I wish you could smell these. They are heavenly.
- I have been watching You Tube videos about old ways of doing things and living simply
- I made a batch of beans and rice - used for 2 meals and then froze balance. That came out of freezer Saturday and I added it to a batch of chili
- Fall cleaning has started - oh heck, cleaning never ends!
- Got out my fall candles and melts - Mmmmmmm love the fall smells
- No groceries or spending
- Doing all the regular stuff - that is a given
Meals this past week:
Fried potatoes topped w/cheese, breaded shrimp (found in freezer and baked it), tomatoes
Beans and rice and sliced tomatoes
Burritos (using beans and rice) and lots of cheese & salsa
Mashed potatoes and chicken strips
Fried green tomatoes and small salad
Had popcorn for snacks a couple times and some tortilla chips and homemade salsa
**Had 4 meatless days this week!!!
I am going to go in today and cook the green beans my brother gave me. There are 3 lbs. I will then place them in containers for meals later on and freeze. I think I will have chili again today, then I will freeze the balance of it as well. Hmmmm - thinking a loaded baked potato this week as well (w/chili). Yum!
How was your week? Has your weather made the change of seasons? Are you gearing up for winter (or summer) depending on where you live? Did you get any great deals this week?
Stop by and say hello and let us know what is going on in your life!!!
Prayers for all. I know several readers are going through some hard things with their families and I have kept you all in prayer. Gentle hugs to all.
May your week be blessed with health, happiness and financial security.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.