Well, we are finally in full fledged fall here. It has been chilly, windy and rainy. This morning I actually turned the furnace on for one cycle as the house was pretty darn chilly.
Yes I have the sweatshirts out and my socks and slippers! LOL
Some leaves are starting to change color - but there is also a lot of green out there still.
- Made up all 3 lbs. of green beans I received. Ate on them a couple times and put the rest in the freezer for future meals
- Put the balance of the chili I made on last Saturday in the freezer
- Got the garden hoses drained and put away. Only used them a couple times this year as I had plenty of rain water to use.
- Mowed the yard and did a bunch more yard work
- Brought in a couple houseplants that I had kept on the porch this summer.
- No AC - windows open several days for fresh air
- Picked another bouquet of roses
- Got flea meds on the kitties (except Fluffy outside - she was having nothing to do with them). I had the meds here already.
- Picked all the green tomatoes. Colder nights and also Mr. Groundhog was thinking they were his for the picking! Fat old thing - UGH!
- Still working on cleaning and doing all the normal things - only left the house on one day
- Used the oven on 2 different days instead of turning on the furnace. Took the chill off the house.
- Baked 1 1/2 lbs. of bacon - froze much for other meals
- Baked a yellow cake with peaches. Used a cake mix that needed using and a can of peaches diced with other ingredients called for. Tasty treat! Will probably freeze some it.
- I DID go to the grocery this week. I went for litter, dry cat food (for later), cat treats, milk and fruit. I found a few other things because I ROAMED the aisles!!!!!!! I got a deal on egg roll wrappers (one in freezer now), fried rice seasoning on manager's special for .49 pkt. (got 4), Marshmallow cream for .80/7 oz. jar. I also got 4 cans of canned chicken to add to preps and I saw canned pulled pork for $2 a can. Never had it, so got 2 cans to try (may use some for egg rolls)
Decent size can. Sure worth a try - if tasty I will add more to my preps
20 egg roll wrappers for 1.39. One package in freezer. I will make/bake some egg rolls soon. Fried rice seasoning was .49 packet (had never seen this before)
Meals this past week:
Chili topped with cheese & crackers
Burger made in a Portabella mushroom and green beans (burger fried one side then placed in underside of big mushroom and continued frying - both sides. Mmmmm)
Cold cut/cheese/tomato/cucumber sandwich
Loaded baked potato
Macaroni & cheese and green beans (no meat day)
Grilled mac/cheese, bacon & tomato sandwich (OH YES I DID!!!!!)
Potato soup (from recipe I listed last week)
OH MY GOODNESS - this was good. I have seen them on cooking/restaurant shows and figured why not!!!!!
Not a lot exciting happening here. How about your house? What have you been up to? Any new frugal ideas? Did you save money this week or get any great deals?
Prayers be with you all for health and safety and for healing for all of those in need. Have a great week and enjoy the smallest things as they are all important!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.