Thursday, February 27, 2020

Single Sweet Treats

Many of us are living alone, or there are just two in the house.  I hate making a big pan of something sweet - as I see it as a challenge.  Eat it all or it goes to waste!!!!!!  That is not a good thing.  I shouldn't eat sweets, but love them now and then.

I got this neat little cookie kit for Christmas and haven't made it yet.  It makes one big cookie in a little cast iron pan.  They are cute and fun.

Now I am thinking how do I make single cookies in the future.  I am thinking making a batch of drop cookies (like choc. chip or oatmeal) and using an ice cream scoop to measure out.  Maybe measure out heaping scoops of batter and place on a pan and flash freeze.  Bag and pull out one at a time to bake.
Does that sound like a good idea?
This is a perfect size for a big treat or a treat for two.  The little pan is a bit bigger than the palm of my hand. (I am holding it in my hand in picture)


BROWNIES FOR ONE
You need a microwave safe mug and a microwave
MIX
4 Tbsp. all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. unsweetened baking cocoa
Dash of salt
2 Tbsp. oil
2 Tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix your dry ingredients together  in the mug - then add the wet - mix until blended
Microwave for about 1 minute.  Depends on your microwave.  (Recommended from 55 seconds to 1 minute 15 seconds).  Check every 30 seconds.
Finished brownie will be a bit wet in the center.
Let it cool for about a minute and eat away!
DON'T let it cool too long or it will get super hard and not be as yummy.  This is definitely an eat as you make it treat.

My favorite way to make brownies for ONE - make a whole batch and bake in muffin tins.  Wrap well and freeze the extra.  I can always pull one out and heat up for a fresh brownie fix!
Brownies with a scoop of ice cream!  OH YUM

Do you have any yummy treats that can be made for one or two?
Please share recipes or ideas.

23 comments:

  1. What a cute little cookie kit. I think your idea to make single cookies will work.
    Most cookies freeze very well so I just make up a batch and freeze the majority to pull out a few when we are craving a sweet treat.
    Also I bought one of the small bread loaf tins that makes 12 small loaves. Now I can make banana or blueberry bread and freeze them so we don't have a whole loaf to eat quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have some mini pans for bread as well. I had forgotten about those for myself. I use them a lot at the holidays for gifts, but hadn't thought about making mini loaves for home. Thanks for that idea.

      Delete
  2. I've tried freezing the extra cookies, but found I quite like frozen cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was thinking of freezing the cookie dough and them preparing as needed (like store bought).
      I am looking forward to a warm treat now and then.

      Delete
  3. I have one of those bread baking pans that makes I think 18 tiny loaves. Good for giving away at Christmas. That is a cute cookie pan you got. On a group in FB there is a gal that does just that, makes cookie dough scoops and freezes and just takes out what she needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mini pans - but all separate. That would be neat to have one of those multi-loaf pans.
      I have frozen dough in normal size before - thinking I will try making some jumbo ones!
      Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. I would love to have more recipes like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made up a batch of chocolate chip cookies that I rolled out into balls before freezing while the house was up for sale. About 30 minutes before a showing or open house, I'd pull out a bag and bake them. I'd run around doing the last minute tidying while they baked. I left them out for the viewers...they say having fresh baking is appealing to buyers. Didn't work for me but I tried. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard the smell of baked goods is always a good thing when showing a home for sell. It makes it smell homey.

      Delete
  6. I have a little book of recipes for cakes that are mixed and cooked in a mug in the microwave. They are for 1 or 2 people. So just right for a sugar craving in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you give us the name of the book and the author? That way maybe some of us could find it!
      Thanks

      Delete
  7. Oh yum. Thanks for the brownie recipe. Definitely going to have to try that when I get a chocolate craving.
    I think the frozen cookie balls would work great. I bought tubs of frozen cookie dough when my son was in band for fundraisers, and the cookies were delicious. I bet homemade would taste even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like mocha, I think these are good
      https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mocha-pudding-cakes/

      Delete
    2. We all get that craving now and then! I love mocha!! Probably one of my favorite flavors.
      Thanks you!

      Delete

  8. Berry cobbler: http://domesticfits.com/2012/10/17/5-minute-microwave-berry-cobbler/

    apple crisp :https://pinchofyum.com/five-minute-single-serving-apple-crisp

    this list is a bit old now - so some links might not work https://loveswah.com/2016/04/the-best-single-serve-dessert-recipes/

    this site has all sorts of recipe ideas for one person https://onedishkitchen.com/cooking-for-one-recipes/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I flash freeze oatmeal cookie dough and chocolate chip cookie dough. Then as I want a treat I just set a few of the cookies out for about 20 minutes and bake when they have thawed a bit. Fresh hot cookies. I usually make 6 at a time and try to save 2 or 3 for the next day. Notice I said try. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. Sure makes it easy when you need a sweet treat.
      I totally understand TRY!

      Delete
  10. Pinterest has lots of recipes for mug cakes, mug brownies, mug cinnamon rolls, etc. have loved all that I have tried. Check them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum!!! Question for you. I have tried making brownies in a muffin tin before and they always get stuck. Hints on how NOT to make this happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can either use cupcake liners or what I do is grease with olive oil. I use olive oil in my brownies as well - it just makes them taste richer.
      I guess you could use silicone pans as well - I have never tried/had them though.

      Delete