Good morning all. Hoping this finds you all well and safe.
All is fine here. It is a dark, wet and chilly morning.
We have had another full cycle of weather again this week - well, all but snow! Warm weather and got to open windows, strong winds - was watching for a house and little dog to fly by (LOL) - rain, we should be catching up from drought, and cold - had to plug in outdoor water bowls.
Critters were all hungry. The little birds were very thankful to have the water bowls not frozen! It is funny, I don't see them at the birdbath often - unless it is very cold.
I saw a red-winged black bird eating in the yard this week. Unusual, as I usually only see them in spring and early summer. Must have been heading southwards.
It seemed to be the week of 'one thing leads to another'. Every project I did led to another, It didn't seem anything was just simple.
- My neighbor brought me some candy and a pumpkin roll - what a nice surprise
- Made a batch of corn muffins that lasted a few meals and froze some
- The light company sent out someone to replace my house meter (garage one already replaced). It is supposed to more accurate. The worker walked out back and just stopped and was saying nothing. I asked if all was OK and he said "I have never seen squirrels come so close to people. That is amazing! It ran right up to you." I then showed him how I feed them nuts by hand. He thought that was just the coolest thing he had ever seen. Then he said "look it is waving at us". It sure did look like it. LOL! I got a new more accurate meter and he got a story to tell all day!
- I wasn't going out - but ran to Aldi. I got butter 1.79/lb. (no limit), fresh potatoes were 1.89/10 lbs. and I got a gift card and some small items for gifts. In and out in about 20 minutes. They were completely and well stocked and only limits was on TP - 2 packs.
- I raked leaves again. I did the leaves that collected in a part of the drive up by house
- Emptied and put away 1 rain barrel. One more to go
- Working on the bedroom pantry - I am working on re-arranging and organizing. I will be adding a curtain as well
- Been working on de-cluttering and deep cleaning again. That is where one thing leads to another!
- Normal stuff - laundry, cleaning, using what I have, cooking from scratch (making simple meals), made carbonated fruit water, reading
- Got to open windows and turn off heat on 2 days
- Renewed library books on-line
Meals this past week: Simple but yummy
Cheesy mac with broccoli and cherry tomatoes added and tuna on the side
Complete meal tostado - cheese, taco meat, mac n cheese and slaw all on a tostada
Mixed greens with ham chunks and corn muffins (best bite I have had in ages)
Leftover greens, fried potato and corn muffin
Leftover pizza and salad
Homemade beans and rice and brats and corn muffin
Mac with cheese and added broccoli and halved cherry tomatoes
No meal this week probably cost more than a couple dollars and some like greens, mac and pizza cost a lot less than that PER meal! I loved it all and I used what I have and re-invented a couple things in new ways. Keeping it simple!
How was your week? Are you all ready for Thanksgiving? I think I am staying home and having a friend and a neighbor come by to eat. I will take something to another neighbor as well - she is battling cancer and treatments.
Did you get any of the great deals being offered? There sure are some good sales.
May you and yours stay healthy and safe.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.