Thursday, June 10, 2021

A Boy and His Toys

 Today is just a cute story about my Coogy.  He is so funny and so loving.  He sure gives his Mommy lots of love and laughs.
He loves to play.  He also misses his Mom when he can't see her for a while.  Silly kitty.

Coogy has a fishy attached to a stick - his fish and fishing pole.  Oh how he loves that thing.  EVERY single night, while I am laying in the bed watching TV - I hear this scratchy noise.  Sure enough, here comes Coogy with the fish in his mouth, dragging the pole behind him and crying all at the same time.  He brings in the bedroom and drops it beside the bed and then sits and stares at me!!!!!  "Um, it's playtime Mom".
                                   His fish and pole with holiday ribbons attached!

Now if I go to the store or go out and work in the yard for a while - I come back in and there it lays in the kitchen!  He brings it in there, because he knows I come in that door.
He is so silly.
              He is one lucky boy, as he has a whole basket full of play things.  Big to little.
These are generally his choices.  His fishing pole, the purple squishy ball, his Wubba (the name on it) and the fuzzy white thing!!!  Wubba (pink) has been a favorite of every indoor kitty for years.  They all played with it and loved on it.  That white piece of fuzz used to be a snowman head.  Now it just is a mess and it sheds all over.  He loves it!  

Each night he comes to get his lovin'.  He has a pillow on the bed next to mine (covered w/a towel) - he sits and stares at it.  I lay my hand on it, palm up, then he comes and lays down with his head in my palm.  He gets his neck and head scratched and rubbed and he is sooooooo content and happy!!  
It is amazing the little routines that they get into.  (they sure have us trained)

Oh our kiddos - they sure are a hoot.  I am so glad I have my fur babies - they have ALL really saved me over the past couple years.
They give me love and purpose each and every day.

Those outdoor babies - well mice is Fluffy's favorite toy.  She finds them and plays with them.  I have saved a few - but usually find them when it is too late.  She likes little birdies too (bad kitty).  Momma will play with either - but usually after Fluff has caught it.  Blackie - he could care less!!!!!!! Eating and sleeping are his favorite backyard activities.
I can't tell you how many times I have opened the greenhouse door and had a bird fly out!!!  It is amazing how gentle she  CAN be - will catch them and take them in (there is a cat door).  They are still alive and trying to stay away from her on higher perches.  Door opens and FREEDOM!

Oh our crazy babies.  They give us such joy and happiness. 
SMILES AND KITTY HUGS!

21 comments:

  1. This is the truth. We have two cats and they pay their way in amusing us. They are truly our family, since we never, and I do mean never, hear from our adult sons. One was a feral and continues to bring home birds, mice and lizards she has caught. I guess that talent could come in handy if there is ever a famine. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - yep, you may have to depend on that one for you someday - if it hits the fan. At least they can provide their own food.
      They are family!!!!

      Delete
  2. I do love our cat,and yours sounds so funny. Ours love to mouse but only eats half and brings the other half home. Almost everyday, such a generous cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that so generous - it wants to share!
      My outdoor kitties never eat birds or mice - they just play till the poor thing dies.

      Delete
  3. The two remaining cats I have are old and don't play much anymore. Sasha just turned 21 and Saku was 13 in March. But they certainly have me well trained as to when breakfast and dinner are to be served. Sasha sleeps beside on the bed, while Saku comes for cuddles frequently during the day and often just before I go to sleep at night. They are truly my fur babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaahhh. So neat that they are that age. Yes in-deedy they know how to train humans for food distribution!!!
      Ni alarm clock - kitty wakes me same time, same way everyday. Kisses!!!!!

      Delete
  4. What a fun post to read! Cats sure are funny. We have 2 indoor. One is our mouser... although he likes to catch, show us he has it, then release so he can catch again. Lol The other one is our border. He goes after anything flying. He is the reason we knew we had a bat in our bedroom as he was chasing it. He loves to sit at our front window and chirp at the birds at the bird feeder. He also loves to lay right next to my legs at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have their own personalities for sure. Oh my, glad it alerted to bat!!!!! YIKES
      Coogy thinks he can catch the birds outside he runs from window to window, thinking he will get it! They sure are smart.
      Sounds like you have a cuddle cat too!

      Delete
  5. When it comes to toys, you could be talking about my pup! Once a week, I gather up all the toys he's brought upstairs to the bedroom, and return them to his toy container in the family room. But they are so full of love to give.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how they want to play with certain ones and love on others. We have taught them well - share!

      Delete
  6. Like my husband always says "they don't think of themselves as animals, they think of themselves as family and want to be treated like family" He says this all the time and he's right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe he is correct! I know I think of them as family.
      We do pamper our babies.

      Delete
  7. Oh, Cheryl, I know, I know, I know!!! What would we do w/o our fur babies?!? Our "baby" is 9 yrs old, funny, sweet, smart, blind, deaf and has me wrapped around his paw. His tail is always wagging. We have a morning routine: I get my tea, head to the old leather couch where Markie is comfortable/secure climbing up on. He brings me his blue dinosaur toy and climbs up next to me. He'll stay there as long as I read my blogs, etc.
    Your kitties, and all our fur babies, nurture our souls as we give them love and receive theirs. Markie always brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure give us more comfort than we can possibly give them - in my mind. My animals have truly saved me - they gave me love and smiles and a purpose every day.
      Your Markie sounds like an absolute sweetheart!

      Delete
  8. I failed to mention that Markie is a Lab :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our fur babies really are our furry kids. :) So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute story about your Coogie! Our fur babies are precious and love us unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete