Thursday, June 25, 2026

Making Your List and Checking it Twice!

 Hello to all.  Hope you are well this fine day.  It was sprinkling when I got up this morning, now the sun is out and there is a nice breeze coming in the living room windows.  It looks very dark in the southern skies, as I think they are having a storm or two.  There are going to be a lot of rain chances in the next couple of days.  It feels a bit humid out this morning, as things are changing.  I tried to get a lot of outdoor work done yesterday while it was so pretty and dry!  Got to make the most of the moments that are available!
Looks like next week, we will be getting the heat that my friend out west is getting - the 90's!

This is my kind of list!  I just love this.

I am a huge list maker, always have been.  I sure try to accomplish the things I write down.  I mark them off as done.  I keep a list going for any grocery items I need to get or think I might want.
I keep lists at the holidays of what I buy and for who.
I keep lists of what I pick from the garden - and often the weights.  My dad did this and I got in the habit too - it is interesting to see how many pounds we grew and do a cost comparison at the end of the season. 
Gosh, when I worked there was always a list as long as a legal sheet of paper on my desk.  I do not use the computer for my lists; I do it the old-fashioned way - pen and paper.  I feel I more apt to remember things when I actually write them down and when I can continually see them.

But the list above, is one we should all have displayed and use each day.  It sure would make our lives more peaceful, stress free and just happier.
Life is too short to be anything other than happy and joyful.  I know things happen in life to make us sad - but even when that happens, we can still smile at beauty and little things.  We can give smiles and kind words - they cost nothing but can change everything.
Those are the things in life that are priceless.

Have a fantastic end to your week and weekend.  May you all find some joy along the way!
Blessings to all.

24 comments:

  1. You are a person after my own heart...a list maker! Especially as we age, we need that extra boost. "We can give smiles and kind words - they cost nothing but can change everything." Golden words!

    Yesterday was near perfect. I am battling a summer cold/sinus issue so can't fully appreciate the fine weather. It will pass; soon, I hope.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge list maker here- it sure has saved me over the years.
      Yes mam, it sure felt about perfect o me. I kind of like it clouded some today. It is so nice.
      Feel better!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm a list maker and even a list keeper. I have notebooks about my expenses and notebooks about my garden. Scrap paper is clipped with a binder clip to make a pad for ordinary daily stuff. A paper list goes to the grocery with me. I keep track of what I've mailed - cards, bill payments, etc. It's crazy how many lists I have!

    But that list in the picture is great. :) A real keeper!

    I hope the hot weather coming isn't too much. I know I'll get it a few days after you do!

    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I have every notebook I have written in since I started blogging (all my ideas). I keep the backs of cards and scrap paper to write notes and list on. Great minds!!!
      Oh, we have had it hot before - we can do it. I worry about the animals.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for a very nice post. Made a copy of that "to do" list to refer to often. Will be helpful to remember those prompts. I am an old-school list maker,. paper shuffler & keeper of files of inspiring & interesting "stuff" & Bible verses & study info. Can't live w/out my stacks of paper, files & notebooks etc.-ha. So glad you have been spared extreme weather conditions-have been concerned to check every AM to be sure you are OK. Have a nice weekend-pats for all your pets-smile. Lil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Nothing wrong with being old school - me too.
      I think I probably have way too much paper around here - but not as much as Glen used to keep. I learned from my parents and from Glen - LOL!
      Thank you for thinking of me during all the weather events. I will sure give the kitties a pet!

      Delete
  4. Love love that list. Can't say I always manage everything on it all the time, but I do try! I use lists for major projects, but not necessarily day to day stuff. Before and after I moved here over 3 years ago I was rewriting my list every few days for about a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a pretty darn good list. I try really hard!
      All we can do is try.
      I do lists for all kinds of things. I love to write - so I hand write most things.
      Moving would take a ton of lists!!!

      Delete
  5. We had some intense storms here, lots of flooding. My daughter is without power but was able to borrow a generator so her food doesn't go bad. We lost our internet off and on all day. Since I work from home, it's a good thing I have an understanding boss. I'm a list maker too with pen and paper not on the computer or phone. Have a great evening! Darcy (NanaD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness so sorry you experienced such bad storms. Glad you had no damage. Good thing to be able to borrow the generator. Hope all stay safe and are well.

      Delete
  6. You are my soul sister! lol. I write lists all the time for all your reasons. I even do things and PUT them on the lists so I can get 'crecit', LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - that is funny "to get credit"!
      Lists just make good sense to me. I am so glad up grew up before computers and smart phones took over - and writing longhand still prevailed! I so love to write.

      Delete
  7. I love a good list. A handwritten list in a notebook is best.
    As you keep records of produce, like your father did, you will perhaps appreciate this. A farmer friend has a beautiful border of hundreds of daffodils at the front of his farmhouse. Every year he removes the spent blooms and counts them before noting the number down, just as his mother did for tens of years before him. He likes to look back and see how the blooms have multiplied over the years and see if the highs and lows match particular weather conditions. In Spring he has 101 jobs to attend to, so it is a real labour of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a handwritten list as well.
      That is too neat. What a wonderful tradition to continue. I bet that one chore gives him more satisfaction than any other. It is lovely to take on traditions that got passed down. My brother and I both keep track of garden produce - he is more methodical than me!

      Delete
  8. I am going to hand copy that list and out it on my fridge so I will see it every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE IT! Hand copying just shows our wonderful and joyful need for handwritten lists!

      Delete
  9. If I want to get something done, I make a list. I have to admit I am not consistent and I would probably get a lot more done if I were! I, too, prefer paper and pen.

    This is another use for peroxide...one you probably thought of but maybe didn't want to touch. It is excellent on blood stains. Although I am long past menstruation, my daughter, who is disabled, is still dealing with it. Which means I am still dealing with it.

    I first soak the garment in cold water, usually with Oxy added. I do a long soak--at least all night and sometimes longer. When I remove it from soaking and it is still wet, I pour 3% hydrogen peroxide directly on the stain and let it sit while it foams. I usually do this twice, then I wash in cold water and air dry--so if some of the stain is left, it isn't set in and I can continue working on it. I don't usually do this for cheap cotton panties--just wash in cold water, and when they get too groady, toss 'em.

    Another menstrual tip, especially for women approaching menopause when periods often become irregular, is to mark the calendar with the start and end days of the period. This also gives you a good idea of when the next one is going to start and can begin wearing a pad to cut down on accidents.

    OK, enough about a topic no one else wanted to touch LOL.
    --Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is neat how many like pen and paper!
      I didn't really even think about that, but peroxide is wonderful for all blood stains. Your instructions will help many I am sure. That is so helpful.
      I am so glad that I don't have to worry about those problems anymore!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your kind words. Mending and stain removal are at the top of my frugal tricks list. Dawn is great for other stains, especially grease. Just rub it on, wash in cold water and air dry in case it doesn't work on the first try (although it almost always does).

      Delete
    3. I use Dawn a lot - I keep a bottle next to the laundry area in basement. It works on so many stains.

      Delete
  10. Pen and paper lists here as well. No computer list or phone list for me. I love seeing things marked as being completed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I feel accomplished as things get a line through them!

      Delete
  11. Happy List Making! They can be fun for sure. Next week will be a dry one here after several weeks of rain and chilly days. Be nice to maybe, maybe finally get that back deck stained. We'll see. Wishing you a yummy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck - hope you can get it stained. It looks to be dry here too - but HOT! Have fun!

      Delete