Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Letting Our Light Shine

 Hello all - hope this finds everyone safe and healthy.  Hope all you gals in the smokey areas are doing well.
The smoke is pretty much gone around here.  We had a couple days of it - but nothing like up north.  It is nice out this morning, just a little humid.  We were supposed to have rain and storms, and again it all passed by my area.
I have been out and fed everyone - kitties get so excited to see me at morning feeding!  I had my quiet time, and I have a load of laundry on.

Yesterday was a really off day for me.  I am not sure what was going on, but all I wanted to do was sleep.  I just felt so drained and tired.  I did what I had to do, and then I just rested.  Today I feel totally different - so I guess I needed the extreme rest.
We need to listen to our bodies.

I spent a lot of time thinking too.  You know we may be getting older and things may be slower - but that is OK.  We just need to keep moving.  Moving is sooooo important not just for physical health but mental.  Keeping active and appreciating all the things we have and get to see - makes for a pretty well-rounded person.
We need to remember to be positive in life.  Anger and nastiness get us nothing, and it is so unbecoming!!!!  Some people cannot have a single conversation without interspersing something nasty or negative.  It is really ugly.   
Be patient.  I heard something the other day I thought was good.  BE patient or be THE patient!!!!!  Pretty good advice.

We can't stop stuff - but how we react is a choice we can make.  Make it a positive choice.  It does take practice.  Stay calm and carry on.
Live fully and appreciate all things.  Life is such a joy and a privilege.
Stay balanced.  Look up.  Look around.  Take it all in.

We do a lot of planning for the future - some people spend all their time planning.  Make sure you spend time for today!!!!!  You can't change yesterday, you aren't guaranteed tomorrow, but TODAY is yours and make it the best.
Have a life of joy, peace, contentment, humor - yes humor is very important too.
Live gracefully and be a good steward of all things.

Make sure you let YOUR LIGHT SHINE today.  It will make you feel better and it most likely make someone else feel better too.
Enjoy this gift of life.

Have a beautiful and blessed day!

9 comments:

  1. Yes! Today! It's the day you have. As the proverb says, "boast ye not of tomorrow".

    I'm glad you had a rest day. They are important, and this last week has been a big one for you. Sleep is a good cure for many ills. :)

    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day is the most important one - I do believe!
      I got rest and I must have needed it. It was a big week, and sometimes I just don't let myself understand that. Sleep is healing for sure.

      Delete
  2. There is just something special about being content with the life we have, It's worth so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just wonderful and special. No one else has your life and you get to make it what you want.

      Delete
  3. Your posts are always uplifting, but this one especially spoke to me. "BE patient or be THE patient!!!!" This is another favorite: "You can't change yesterday, you aren't guaranteed tomorrow, but TODAY is yours and make it the best." An off day is a call to do something for yourself. You have had a lot going on lately. Too many women are so busy taking care of everyone else that they neglect their own needs. This post is chock full of wisdom: "We need to remember to be positive in life." I'm sure we all have had unhappy, complaining people in our lives. Today that is referred to a toxic relationship, and that is an apt description. I had to look up MaryB's Scripture reference. This is from Bible Gateway: That ancient wisdom comes straight from Proverbs 27:1, which warns against bragging about the future because no one knows what tomorrow will bring. It's a great reminder to stay humble, live in the present, and focus on what we can do today. Thanks, Miss MaryB, for the reminder! Scripture and friends, are what keep us going.

    Kittens always bring a smile! Hope you can catch mommy cat and prevent any more babies.

    We are going out to harvest potatoes this morning. Had fresh green beans yesterday and the first slicing tomato. It was kind of like a Black Krim. Delicious!

    Enjoy your day! Curl up with Bits if you need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you kind words. I just thought a lot yesterday (and lately) and it needed to put out there. I am glad it might have helped someone. This is all we get, so why wouldn't we want to be happy and enjoy.
      Kitties are a hoot - my goodness they play.
      Oh fresh garden goods - yum. A tomato!!! Sounds so yummy.
      I plan to take it easy for a few days - just kick back and smile at what I have.

      Delete
  4. Moving is important for mental health. Yes! Working in the yard is my “therapy.” Finally I can get out there today after days of rain. We needed it but it was a bit much. It is VERY humid so I’ll wait until later to go out to trim.

    You needed the rest, Cheryl. When I got home from my trip, I took naps on several days. I had been running on adrenaline even though it was my own schedule. Barbara M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot to get done outside - we had rain and then I just was not in the mood. Humidity is awful. Hopefully after tomorrow we get a break from it for a bit. You be careful out there, do not overdo it.
      I never really thought about that, running on adrenaline. Makes sense. You had quit a trip and then probably jetlag to boot. Take care and don't overheat.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes we just need rest. I am trying to realize that and do it!

    ReplyDelete