Happy first Sunday of October to you all. I pray you are all well and safe. It is a chilly morning here, around 50*F, going into the 70's later on. Yesterday was such a gorgeous day - there was not a single cloud in the sky around here. Pure blue. Then at sunset last night, I had never seen anything so vivid and wonderful before. Reds, oranges, pinks and so very bright. The western sky was just on fire - it was something to see!
This past Friday I rode with my brother and SIL to southern IN (about 75 miles) for Fred's funeral. We didn't get to go the way we have for years (road work) and took the new way, I-69. It may have been a little faster, but so boring. If the leaves had been changing it would have been pretty - but they are not yet. There was nothing to see but trees - I am just so used to going down there and seeing smalls towns, lakes, farms, and fields. We gathered, there was so much family there, and I got to see so many nieces and nephews that I haven't seen in ages and even met some new little ones. It was terribly sad, but good as well, with the communion of the family. I love them all so much! There was a lot of love gathered there. Blessed.
My frugal week:
- Raked some and picked up sticks and things in yard
- Did a little additional yard work in the flower beds
- Sweet neighbor behind me - gave me some apples. They had gone to the orchard and saw me outside and shared a few
- Trimmed my hair
- I got address labels in the mail - I haven't received any of those in a long, long time
- Laundry and hanging clothes to dry
- Paid a couple bills by phone
- NO grocery store
- Scrubbed the bathroom down
- General cleaning
Budget friendly meals this past week:
French bread pizza
Cheesy goulash
Chicken tenders and a big salad
Breaded pork chop, fried egg and toast
Pulled pork & refried bean tostadas (topped w/tomatoes)
Grilled cheese (when I got back from funeral) - long day
Taco rice bowl
SNACKS - tomatoes, cucumbers, fruit, popcorn
See, nothing much going on here this week. How was your week? Did you accomplish a lot? Any good deals? Inquiring minds need to know?? LOL
I truly hope each of you have a wonderful week ahead. Stay so very safe and healthy. Keep the people you love close.
Blessings to you and yours from me at my humble little home.
**************************
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen
Philippians 4:19-20
Dear Lord, we come forward with many thank you's for all our blessings. Help us to see blessings in everything, even when bad things happen. You are always with us, and You will guide us and protect us, that we know for sure. Prayers for health and safety for all. Thank you for always providing for us, may everyone realize the many blessings that You give. AMEN

Cheryl, you feel you didn't accomplish much yet you laid your nephew to rest & reunited with family. The emotion that accompanies such an event takes a lot of energy. There was a celebration on the other end of the spectrum as 3 of us celebrated our 70th birthdays. We journeyed 5 hrs to the badlands of Alberta to take in a delightful dinner theatre at Rosebud - Dear Johnny Deere - featuring the music of Fred Eaglesmith. Home to take in another production - Menopause the Musical. Lots of laughter. A day of rest then dinner & cards with friends. I am ready to stay home! It's time to put the yard to bed for the winter. Firewood has been ordered. 7 pts of tomato sauce was made. Walked 3 miles in the autumn air. Take care, Cheryl.
ReplyDeleteYou are very right. That was a big accomplishment in itself. I tell you Friday night and even Sat. I slept hard (I seldom do). So I guess I just released and gave in to rest.
DeleteHow wonderful and what a lovely celebration that sounds like. 2 Theater productions - how cool. I bet you are ready to rest now.
I need to put the garden to bed too. Yard work always feels good this time of year, yet a little sad too.
You are getting ready for what is ahead.
Thanks. You have a beautiful week.
My condolences and continued prayers for you and your family. I am glad you got to go and see family, although I wish it was for a happy instead of sad occasion. It is still
ReplyDeletesummertime here although has mostly cooled to upper 90’s hitting in low 90’s a few days. I just work, sleep, rinse , repeat … lol. Cindy in the South
Upper 80’s to low 90’s
DeleteThank you - yes, so happy to have the time together for fellowship. Better circumstances would have been ideal, but I was just happy to see them all, and to see so many cousins being there for each other.
DeleteThat sounds still hot to me. I think we may hit 80 this week.
Glad you are still able to work and repeat!!!!!
Take care and have a lovely week.
Excellent devotional! He indeed does supply our needs. His guidance and protection is vital to our lives.
ReplyDeleteFunerals are both sad and joyful. Glad you got to see relatives you haven't seen for a while, as well as the young ones. Ties that bind families are priceless.
The sky was gorgeous yesterday! No contrails, just clear blue sky. We sat in the backyard for a while and even got a little warm, sitting in the sun. The ten day forecast shows some 80 degree days. A lot can change by then.
My neighbor Karen is going to a rehab facility called Brickyard at Churchman in Beech Grove. Still praying for a full recovery so that she can move on and eventually get the much needed hip replacement. We take things for granted until we can't get around.
We are preparing for the eight days of Sukkot. Our sukkah will be a little popup shelter we bought at Harbor Freight. Not near as elaborate as some! We enjoy decorating a sukkah for the festival.
Enjoy this beautiful day!
Truly don't know where I would be without His guidance and protection. Yes mam, family is such a gift.
DeleteWasn't it something - glad you saw it too. Not a mark in it - just blue. I heard mild and kind of dry for the rest of the year - we will see.
That isn't far from my house - actually a neighbor works there part time and says it takes 4 minutes to get to work! Hope recovery is complete. Yes we do take much in our lives for granted.
Sounds like a lovely time for you. I am not familiar with what that entails but hope you enjoy your days.
Have a blessed week.
That's the thing about funerals, they are a time of sorrow for the one who has left us, but a special time to meet up with our families.
ReplyDeleteYour description of the I-69 reminds me of my drive back from Yuma this spring. I took I-15 and it was rather boring. I'd taken a more scenic route on my way down. This year, I'll try a mix of both.
Yes, funerals combine the good and the bad - the happy and the sad.
DeleteI just loved the little towns and the people and places to stop if desired - this had nothing.
I hope you can mix it up some and get a nice view now and again.
Have a great week.
Losing your nephew and attending the funeral had to be very emotional and that really takes a toll on us. I'm glad you were able to see so much family to ease the sadness a bit.
ReplyDeleteThe sunset here last night was amazing also.
I hope this is a good week for you.
Thank you - it was tough, he was just too young. Family s such a blessing.
DeleteOh goodness, the sunset - I have heard more people speak of it up here - it sure was something. Glad you got to enjoy as well.
Thanks and you have a good one as well.
So glad your trip was a safe one, even if the interstate was dull. We try so hard to stay on smaller roads: more interesting, keeps us awake, watchful.
ReplyDeleteFunerals are strange things - sadness and joy mixed together.
MaryB
I always like smaller roads. Yes, there so many strange things that can happen. Good and bad.
DeleteHave a great week.
I'm sorry to hear about Fred's passing. I'm glad that there were so many people at the funeral and that you were able to spend time with family. The best deal that I got this week was a box of Pop Tarts at CVS for $0.99 by combining a sale and a coupon.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your thoughts. It really did help being with so many family members.
DeleteThat is a good deal price wise - from what I have seen they are pretty pricey.
Have a lovely week.
So glad you got to go to the funeral. Funerals now are like family reunions. When you have faith and know where your loved one is, you are blessed.
ReplyDeleteThanks - I am glad I got to go as well. Yes, sadly, they have become reunions. That is just huge - knowing we will see each other again. Blessed indeed.
DeleteHave a beautiful week.