Monday, June 15, 2015

A Couple Recipes

Today I am going to list a couple recipes.  One is for eating and the other for cleaning.
I love to cook and eat!  There are times, when my mind comes to a blank or I have a lot of leftovers that need to be used.  Leftovers can be re-invented so easily.
This is a simple recipe that I use often.  We love one dish dinners, so soups and casseroles fit the bill.

CREATE A CASSEROLE
1 C main ingredient
1 C second ingredient
1 - 2 C starchy ingredient
1 1/2 C binder
seasoning

MAIN ingredient = any type of meat
SECOND ingredient = any veggie
STARCHY ingredient = potatoes, pasta, rice, etc.
BINDER ingredient = cream soup, sauce, sour cream, etc.

Thoroughly combine all the ingredients.  If it appears too dry add a 1/4 C milk or stock.
Place in a greased casserole dish and bake at 350* for 30-45 minutes.

This is a great way to use what you have and make a quick and healthy dinner for CHEAP!
***************************************

CITRUS CLEANER
Place the peels from several oranges, lemons, limes, or grapefruit in a quart jar, cover with vinegar.  Let this set for about 4 weeks so citrus infuses into vinegar.  Shake occasionally.
Strain the mixture.  Fill a spray bottle about a quarter full with citrus vinegar, then top off with water.  Keep extra infusion in frig. till you need it.
This makes an excellent window cleaner with no streaks.  I use it on the counters as well.
I LOVE this stuff.
Using trash to make a useful product and it smells so good.

Have a good day all.

3 comments:

  1. If we ate a lot of oranges, etc...I would for sure try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww nuts! a graduate student at work gave me all his orange peels to compost and I didn't read this until after I ground them up and put them in the dirt! I hope he gives me some more so I can try this! Thanks Cheryl!

      Delete
    2. Say, Rose, what is your blog again?

      Delete