Thursday, October 29, 2015

Foody Posts

I don't know if it's the weather or what, but I keep thinking about yummy eating.  I have been going through lots of old recipes.  Figured I'd share a couple frugal YUMS with you all.

I don't know about you, but I love the flavor of Big Macs!  It is definitely the sauce.  Well now you can make your own Big Macs at home.

MCDONALD'S SPECIAL SAUCE
1/2 C mayo
2 Tbsp. French dressing
4 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
1 Tbsp. finely minced onion
1 tsp. vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
Combine all and stir well.  Place in a covered container in the frig.  Let it marinate for a day or two so the flavors blend.  Stir a couple of times during that time.


YOOHOO CHOCOLATE DRINK
(I am not sure if this is regional or nation wide - but it's good)
3/4 C nonfat dry milk
3 Tbsp. Nesquick chocolate drink mix
1 1/2 C very cold water
Mix all ingredients in a jar with a lid.  Shake until everything is dissolved.  Makes a 14 oz. drink


EASY - EASY PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
12 oz. chocolate chips
12 oz. jar peanut butter
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
Melt chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave for 1-2 minutes (mostly melted).  Add the milk and stir till smooth.
Pour in a buttered 8 x 8 pan.  Cool before cutting.  Makes about 1 1/2 pounds

ENJOY!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. HI Cheryl, I am very happy about that Special Sauce recipe. My daughter's 27th birthday celebration is tonight and I will make these for her. She loves a good burger. The best part for me is there are NO PRESERVATIVES like there is in take out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed it and had a good time.

    ReplyDelete