Hope you are doing well. Today has turned out to be a beautiful day here. It has been so extremely chilly here this week, and we had rain on top of it a couple days.
Yesterday it rained almost all day and only got to about 50*. I decided to nest!! I worked on re-arranging, organizing, and cleaning. Took a nice hot bath and then slept like a baby. It was wonderful!
What did you do frugal this week? Let us know.
Here are my extras:
- I bought 15 boxes of mushrooms for .69/8 oz. box. All sliced and in the freezer!!!
- Keeping the solid plastic boxes the mushrooms came in, to use at Christmas for candy and cookie gifts. I am sure that container will hold a good pound of fudge!
- Got a .30/gal. discount on gas. I am good for the month
- Stopped at the "GW Boutique" this week. I had never been in that particular one. Got some Christmas décor and a skein of yarn for $11 total.
- Had take-out Chinese for dinner 2 nights this week. G was gifted $30 for a belated birthday meal and that's what he chose. It always lasts both of us 2 meals. FREE!!!
- G has been craving KFC for a while. That stuff is so expensive. So I made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and homemade coleslaw for dinner one night. We had some leftover biscuits from earlier in the week too.
- No AC this week. I did turn heat on one cycle both yesterday and today. G was cold.
- Picked 8.5 pounds of tomatoes this week. Still many green ones on the vines.
Click on pictures to enlarge
I really don't know why I bought them, except that I liked them. I have totes of Christmas stuff I haven't used in years, and don't really remember what all is in them. Note to self: go through them soon!!!
I plan to share a yummy recipe with you this week, show you some of my organizing, and have some thought provoking conversation.
I hope you all had a good week past, and I wish you a lovely coming week.
Stay safe and God bless.