Monday, October 5, 2015

Mmmm, Mmmmm Good

I promised I would post the easy and delicious pie recipe I made this weekend.
You have to love coconut like me, in order to appreciate this pie.
Nothing I love more than homemade macaroons!  This sure comes in a close second.  Oooey, and gooey, and yummy.

CRUSTLESS COCONUT PIE
4 eggs
1 3/4 C sugar
2 C milk
1/4 C butter, melted
1/2 C self rising flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C flaked coconut, divided

Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy.  Add sugar and the net 4 ingredients.  Place 1/2 cup of coconut in each of 2 shallow, lightly greased pie pans.  Pour half of the filling mixture into each pie plate.  Stir gently to distribute coconut (I just made sure it was even in pan).
Bake at 350* 25-30 minutes.  Makes 2 pies.

It took about 26 minutes in my oven.
MAKE SURE that you run a butter knife around the outer edges while still warm or it will stick.

If you like coconut, you will love this.
*NOTE - you can buy coconut at the Dollar Tree in baking aisles.


ENJOY!  They probably won't last long!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really yummy! I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be making it this weekend for my guests who are gluten free and vegetarian. I think I saw a substitute for the flour on Pinterest...need to look that up again...

    ReplyDelete