We have had chilly weather, warm weather, rain and sun this week. No snow here, but I guess parts of the nation did! Oh my!
Today is absolutely gorgeous - lots of sun and around 60*. I just love this time of year.
The grass is vivid green, and the forsythia and daffodils are just glowing and dripping in yellow!! They are so pretty. The contrast between the green and yellow is beautiful. Heck, the forsythia even seem to glow at night. The other trees are starting to get buds, and the WEEDS are popping up every where.
It's been a very quiet week here.
- Did a bunch of much needed paperwork, and got rid of a bunch
- Did yard work, which was FREE exercise
- Cut grass for the first time this season, and used the last of the gas I bought last year! (Even cut part of the neighbors yard)
- We thought about getting Popeye's chicken - so I decided to try to make my own knock-offs. It was great - just not like theirs. That's ok - cause I didn't spend any extra money!!!
- Cut chives from the herb barrel 3X and used this week
- Stayed home 7 out of the last 8 days
- Made dressing for salad from a bit of onion dip leftover with milk added. It was really good.
- Made our own Almond Joy candy
- Easter dinner will be from what we have in pantry. Nothing new bought.
- Minimal heat this week. Lots of fresh air in house.
- All meals from home and from scratch
- G's uncle came and put his new batteries in his power chair for him. WOOHOO he ready to "ride" outside
- Gallon of milk was the only groceries bought this week
- Shopped from the basement a lot this week
We had a variety of meals again this week. Made ham/cream cheese/veggie roll-ups, homemade Mexican pizza, faux Popeye's meal, homemade chicken pot pie (soooo good), grilled cheese with chips and salsa, burgers and a big salad, tuna salad sandwiches with leftover veg salad.
Easter dinner will be a pork loin I will prepare in the crockpot. It is a whole loin, so we will get a big variety of meals out of it. I will also make mac-n-cheese and baked asparagus fries. I think I may make a crisp for dessert.
I hope you all had a frugal week. Let us know what you have been up to now that spring has sprung!
God bless you in this coming week. May you each be safe and healthy in your ventures.
Peace my friends!