Vinegar is a tremendously useful thing! It is fantastic for cleaning and ever so good for your health.
Vinegar has been called a mystical elixir, a liquid cure all, a remedy for what ails you. This golden liquid contains a huge amount (dozens and dozens) of vitamins, minerals, and important amino acids. Apple cider vinegar has the reputation of being an almost magical tonic and one of the most healthful, nutrient fluids known to man.
In 400 BC, Hippocrates, the father of medicine, used vinegar to treat his patients. It is considered to be one of the earliest medicines, due to it's natural germ killing abilities. It was used in Biblical times. Vinegar is credited for saving thousands of soldiers during the Civil War. It was used as a disinfectant on wounds.
Vinegar is antiseptic and kills germs ON CONTACT.
- It is great when used on many skin conditions, such as sunburn, bug bites, stings, etc. It is so good for skin disorders because it's PH is almost the same as the skin's surface!
- It is said it can help you lose weight, because it is a treasure trove of complex carbohydrates. Mix with water and drink at meal time. It aids in digestions and will improve overall metabolism
- It contains beta carotene, a powerful antibiotic. It truly helps to rid the body of free radicals that are harming the body from numerous diseases.
- It is supposed to be good for memory because of all the natural vitamins, minerals, and amino acids it contains.
- Many people swear by the remedy of mixing one teaspoon of vinegar, one of honey, into a glass of water every morning, helps to drastically reduce arthritic pain. (It may take a couple weeks to feel the difference)
- I have started using for restless leg syndrome
- Drinking or gargling with a mixture of vinegar and water will help with sore throat, bad breath, and gum disease
- Many devotees claim vinegar helps with heartburn, diarrhea, asthma, coughs, colds, hiccups, etc.
- It is great to mix vinegar, salt and water together in a sink - to kill garden pests on freshly picked veggies
- Add a dash of vinegar to cooking beans to remove the "gas"
- It is great for pickling foods, and those foods can last for years!
- You can mix any type of herbs with vinegar to make herbal vinegars used in cooking and foods
Vinegar and honey are two of the most perfect "foods" on this earth - and I believe that together they can work wonders.
It is mentioned in the Bible 8 times (both new and old testaments). It has been used for it's health benefits by the Japanese for thousands of years. It surely can't be bad!
I save all my dill pickle juice and olive juice for drinking. It has herbs and flavorings added without being fattening. I love it. G loves pickle juice added to tomato juice (old timers have claimed vitality from this for years). Even as a child, my sister and I used to argue over who got the pickle/olive liquid!!!!
Do some research on your own, and maybe you too will see the many benefits of vinegar. It just may be the elixir you are needing to help with your health.
It is becoming a mainstay in our house along with drinking Aloe Vera juice (that's a whole other post!)
PLEASE don't turn your nose up and think yuk. Give it a try - you just may be pleasantly surprised.
I love when there is something so simple and natural that can help save our health.
GOOD HEALTH TO YOU!