I pray this has been a good week for each of you. I hope that any of you that were in the path of the hurricane, are safe and well, and had minimal damage (if any). My heart goes out to all those who lost homes and belongings. It would be devastating to any of us, however, life is more precious than any material goods. God bless everyone who suffered ANY loss whatsoever.
We have had wonderful fall weather this week, and it looks like we will experience the same this coming week. Cool temps, with highs in the 60's and 70's and lows in the 40's and 50's. I have been sleeping with the window next to my side of the bed open, and it sure has made for great sleeping this week.
My week has been relatively quiet - not a tremendous amount going on.
My frugal week:
- Renewed library books on line
- Line dried lots of laundry
- Did a lot of yard work for FREE exercise. Getting the yard ready for fall
- Picked bell peppers, jalapenos (lots), beans, and cherry tomatoes
- NO heat or AC at all
- Dehydrated green beans (no room at all in the freezers) These will be great in soup this winter.
- Hard boiled a dozen eggs for easy meals and snacks
- Received a wonderful gift from a friend on the west coast. I have no idea what I did to deserve it!!!!
- I changed out purses for the season with another that I have
- I did do a stock-up on canned and dried cat food on a day that I was out. Canned was five cents cheaper that any where else and dried was $2 off per bag, plus additional money off for a certain $ purchase. I got 5 big bags and 125 cans saving $24. I am going to do this every month for the next few months - just IN CASE! (I feed a lot of babies!)
- Picked a lovely bouquet of roses, asters and mums from the yard
- I made 2 lbs. of ground beef jerky (YUM). I will tell you how this coming week. It is so easy to make and the taste is wonderful!
- We received a $25 gift card from Outback as a gift for G's past birthday
- One night I actually ordered pizza - as I was so tired from yard work. They had a deal of 2 medium ANY type pizzas for less than the price of one large. Great deal - giving us dinner 2X.
- NO grocery shopping this week
Meals this week:
Mushroom rice with chicken and salad
Chicken strips, dressing and green beans
Homemade taco salad
Cheesy tuna casserole and salad
Layered ham/cheese/potato casserole and salad
All lunches and some breakfasts from leftovers.
Snacks: jerky, nuts, and apples with peanut butter
HOW WAS YOUR WEEK? ANY GREAT DEALS OR SPECIAL FINDS?
I hope that your upcoming week will be filled with happiness, health, and love!
STAY FRUGAL FRIENDS