I really dislike cold, cold weather. I guess it has come with getting older.
We have only seen peeks of sunshine this week. It has been so cloudy and overcast. I think I could handle the weather better if there was sun - I really do NEED sunshine! I feel sunshine is essential for my sanity!
My frugal week:
- I made a pot of 'turkey' gumbo soup (and tossed in leftover green beans)
- I made up 10 jars of mixed beans for gift giving
- I went to Dollar Tree and got lots of 'stocking/basket' stuffers
- Found lot's of great deals for the young-ins I buy for. Took advantage of sales.
- No groceries bought this week
- I got the few decorations up, that I will be doing this year. (Just not into it).
- Door decorations up
- Got my Christmas cards out and have started working on them (all bought for .50 a box last year)
- Received a bag of turnips from my brother yesterday. We love them raw! I am going to try frying like potatoes too. (his recommendation)
- Received another $10/$40 coupon from Aldi on todays paper. Good till the 17th!
- Worked on my health insurance this week. My company is not offering in 2017. Finally signed and got a new policy. Not everything I wanted - but it will cover major problems (God forbid) and I will be saving $200 a month from what I have now!!!!!! All in all I am pleased!
- I have been working on getting gift baskets together
- Still using tomatoes from our garden for fresh salads - they are slowly ripening!
Meals this week:
Turkey gumbo soup (2X)
Open faced cheeseburgers and salad
Made a batch of faux crab/pasta salad with fresh veggies (yum)
Fried chicken and leftovers
'Pizza' casserole (like baked spaghetti only with pizza toppings)
It has been a fairly quiet week. I am slowly trying to get things ready for Christmas. I will have to start baking in a week or so. I don't like to start too early.
3 more weeks till Christmas!!!!!!!
What have you all been up to this week? Has anyone gotten any great deals or done anything fun?
I pray you all have a glorious week. Stay safe and healthy my friends.