I hope you all had a lovely holiday with your families and friends. We got to see many of our relatives and enjoyed the visits.
I can't believe how incredibly blessed we are and how many seem to love us! We received so many wonderful gifts.
My goodness we were blessed with 4 GC's, fruits and nuts, lotto tix, family pictures, many specialty foods (in wonderful re-usable storage containers), homemade candies and cookies, smell pretties for the house, clothes, and on and on. BLESSED BEYOND BELIEF
My frugal week (last week):
- Wrapped the remainder of our gifts with supplies I had on hand. Still enough for a couple more years!!!!
- Made a batch of peach pie moonshine! This made 7 1/2 quarts. Will post recipe later if anyone is interested! (Many used in gift baskets)
- Made from scratch cookies
- Received a gift in the mail from a friend on the coast (pretties and homemade fudge to die for!)
- All laundry in cold water and dried most by hanging in the basement.
- Cleaned all the wood floors (will probably do again this week since company is over)
- Waxed the kitchen cabinets
- Washed windows - have to take advantage of those 55* days in mid-winter! Used homemade cleaner and newspaper
- Received 3 bags of kitty treats and some homemade cookies from an old neighbor who stopped by for a visit
- All meals from home
- No groceries bought
Tomato soup and grilled cheese
Home canned cabbage soup - added sausage and leftover veggies from fridge
Dirty rice with beef and salad
Leftover cabbage soup and sandwiches
Fried chicken and side salad
Meat and cheese with crackers and a salad
Pizza flavored baked spaghetti
We went from sub-zero wind chills and ice last weekend to almost 70* yesterday. Quite the roller coaster on weather. Cooler this week and then back up to 50* after New Years. I figure every warm nice day we get - just puts us one day closer to spring!!!!
How did your holiday celebrations go? Any gifts that help with your frugal way of living?
Check in and say hello. I love hearing from everyone!
Blessings to all!