Enjoy your day!!!!
We have had a lovely upturn in our weather - it is definitely more spring/summer like now. The sun is shining and the temps are lovely. This coming week we are supposed to have several dry days with temps in the 70's/80's! MAYBE I will get some garden work done!
One of my hummingbirds is back. It has been visiting the feeders and the honeysuckle daily. Such a joy to watch.
We also have a pair of rose breasted grosbeak's show up this week. Oh my goodness they are so beautiful. We have never had them in our yard before. We are truly enjoying watching all the nature.
We are trying to work on losing a little weight. Too many goodies over the winter was not a good thing! We are eating more lean meat and way more veggies.
I remade a couple of leftover thin lean steak burgers into kind of a fajita wrap. I thinly sliced the burgers into strips and sautéed with mushrooms, onion, and pepper and served in soft tortillas one night. Trying to use all the leftovers in a new way.
- Got to do laundry in cold and line dry
- Did a lot of yard work. Trimmed all the bushes out back, weeded, cleaned all the rest of pots out, and trimmed fence row on neighbors side (yet another neighbor who can't seem to get close to the fence)!
- I received a tote of t-shirts and jerseys from a nephews high school sports activities. I have been requested to make a quilt like cover for his graduation in a couple weeks. SIGH! I am not sure if I should be happy or upset, that I am the GO TO person. I guess they like my work and they know Auntie will make it nice. I have been in planning stage - I'll show it when done.
- Dropped off a lot of donations to church thrift store - YAY - out of the house!!!!
- Picked a couple more bouquets of peonies. My house smells so good!!!!
- I got together a bag of goodies for the letter carrier food drive on Saturday
- Turned the mattress. We have our mattress in a water bed frame - so I vacuumed under it while turning (dust and dander - ick) - of course changed all the bedding as well.
- Doing all the normal stuff trying to be thrifty - tea, filtering water, windows open, using what we have on hand, etc.
- I did make a purchase for myself! Maybe not frugal - but maybe. I bought a new vacuum at Big Lots. Mine just hasn't had the power it used to and it is cumbersome. I got a new upright (vs. canister on other). It sure has some power!!!!! No bags to buy - it is bag-less. It is the second one we have bought in 31 years - so not bad. Hopefully it lasts for years to come. Cost less than $100. I am a happy camper!!!!
I think I will love it.
Meals this week:
Little slider burgers and oven fries
Small pizza and salad
Baked spaghetti and salad (2X)
Chef salad topped with chicken strips
Lean steak burger steamed broccoli and side salad
Fajita wrap and bowl of cabbage soup (home canned)
Got a small loaf of zucchini bread out of freezer for a snack. Also had popcorn and fresh sliced strawberries
How was your week? What ways did you save or add to your families preparedness and well-being?
Are you getting your gardens started? I know many areas are having PRIME harvest time now.
We haven't even started!!!
Prayers for you all for health, safety and blessing from Above!
Have a splendid week!