It is race day in our city - The 500 Mile Race. The weather has taken a turn and should be clear for the race. It was supposed to rain. I am glad as there are thousands of people visiting from all over the world for this event.
I have not had any desire to fight those crowds for years and years. In my younger days, it was quite fun - NOT NOW!
We had a couple nice clear days earlier in the week, then rain off and on the rest of the week. Storms went through the area on Friday evening.
- I managed to get a lot of yard work done - mowing, weeding and planting flowers
- Plowed the garden, plowed in coffee and tea grounds and egg shells. Added my beneficial insects (looks like dust - becomes alive and eats grub larvae). Laid the weed barrier and planted the entire garden. Also placed soaker hose (just in case rain water runs out). It sure was an exhausting day!!!!! My poor body ached.
- God has been watering my newly planted garden all week!
- Laundry dried on the outside line
- Picked a bouquet of roses
- Now have 2 - 55 gallon barrels of rain water
- I have been working on the t-shirt/jersey blanket for nephew. It sure would have been easier had all the shirts been t-shirts. Almost done. (This has been another back aching project!)
- I made a run to Meijer and did a big stock up on dry and wet cat food. Saved $21 with sales and coupons.
- Meijer also had fresh corn 6 - $1, and ground beef for 1.87/lb. I got 6 ears of corn to enjoy and 10 lbs. of meat for the freezer (not much room left or I would have gotten more)
- Made a light and fluffy yellow cake - no icing. Serving with fruit.
I also got 2 really nice storage containers out of it!!!!
Meals this week:
Cold sandwiches and chopped veggies in dressing
Chicken & dumplings and steamed broccoli
Tex-Mex skillet dinner over rice
Burgers and corn on the cob and salad
Homemade pizza (Mexican style) - used leftover skillet mix on top with mushrooms, olives, onion and cheese (Mmmmmmm)
Snacks - sherbet, popcorn and cake w/fruit
We have been enjoying the open windows and fresh air (when not raining). I did turn on the AC for a couple hours Saturday afternoon, as it got to feeling quite humid.
It sure smells heavenly when I walk into the back yard. The honeysuckle is absolutely divine!
The hummingbirds have been enjoying it, and my feeders! Such precious little flying jewels.
We have some young squirrels showing up at the feeders. There must have been a birth somewhere close by - in the past month or so. Oh my the are just so cute.
How has this past week been for you? Did you find any great bargains? Did you ad to your pantry? How is everyone's gardens doing?
Check in and let us know what is happening in your little spot in the world.
May you all have a safe, frugal and happy week. God bless!
NEVER FORGET !!!!