Oh the sun is shining this morning and it makes it feel as if all is right with the world. It is really nice to have a couple dry, sunny days. My mood has taken a tremendous boost upwards!!!!!
We were blessed with a new great-great niece this week. Cali is an absolute chunk in the pictures I have seen and has a head full of blonde hair! I truly believe it is the first blonde new baby I have seen! She is perfect and healthy.
It came to our attention a couple days ago that Opie (the opossum) is probably an Opina!!!! It appears that suddenly the belly is big and close to the ground. I am figuring many babies in the pouch - from reading they are usually born in or around April. I guess we will see. We'll still use Opie as a nickname!!! LOL
Momma kitty seems to have gotten a cold. Poor baby. She is sneezing and sounds stopped up. She spent way too much time in the wet and cold the last couple weeks. She is now resting daily in the greenhouse and sleeping in there at nights (good kitty). I have been giving her pet grade Brewers Yeast in her food daily (has antioxidants). I know a cold usually wears itself out in 7 - 10 days with cats, I just hate seeing her feel bad.
FIRST I didn't leave the house till Friday - it was just too miserable outside. Staying home always saves me a ton of money!
- I inventoried all of my home canned goods. Needing to figure out what I have to can this summer.
- Did a lot of reading and research on the computer
- Got one day in the middle of week, that I had a brief chance to mow! Thank goodness, as the rain came back with a vengeance and the grass is growing like crazy!
- I made a pot of chili which seemed appropriate for the wet and chilly weather
- I came across what is probably 40 tomato plants that are self seeded from last year. They are where the grape tomatoes were - so we will see what they become this year.
- Cleaned and polished the wood floors - they look so pretty (they are original finish 1947)
- Picked a bouquet of peonies - oh, the smell!!!!!
- I went to the feed store Friday and stocked up for the next month on squirrel goodies!
- I ran by Kroger and ran in to see what (OK say it with me) 'CLEARANCE THEY HAD'!!!!
6 cans of Libby corn for .39/ea. (12/2019)
4 bags of organic croutons .49/bag (3/2018)
2 boxes of microwave popcorn 1.09/ea. (3/2018)
2 - pound pkgs. of ground pork, 1.47 & 1.48. I froze for now - but will be making sausage.
20 lb. bag cat liter (torn and only 18 lbs. in it) 1.39
5 containers of spices and seasoning - all 1.09 each. 2 - all purpose seasoning, 2 zesty table blend, and 1 creole seasoning
Packets of seasonings for cooking. 6 - beef stew season, 6 ranch dip season, and 4 sloppy joe season all .19 each! (I can't blend that cheaply)
Meals this week:
Tuna patties, green beans with potatoes, sliced carrots with Italian dressing
Small ranch - cheese - ham & potato casserole, leftover green beans and slaw
Cajon rice with sausage and side salad
Chili cheese dogs and chips and dip
Leftover dogs with kraut and chips and dip
Sliced strawberries with whipped cream for desserts
All leftovers were used for lunch or breakfast
I am hoping to get a little weed pulling and yard work done this week - in between the rain! Yes, we have chances of rain just about each day. UGH!
Did you have a good week? Tell us about all your frugal achievements this past week! Each of you inspire me to do better.
Take care and may all the blessings of God be upon you!