First I want to thank everyone for all their help this week. I loved all the comments and suggestions. I will continue to do what I have been doing, and I will look into creating some new features. I don't want to appear to copycat some ideas that are used by popular blogs and FB pages - so I need to think on this. I am also looking into a way to do a search function for recipes - this may take me a bit of time.
Again, thank you to all who participated. I value EACH OF YOU, as you guys are the ones that make this fun.
We have had another very hot and humid week. Storms came through again on Friday - but thankfully no damage in our area. Saturday and today we get a break from the extreme heat and humidity. It is heavenly. That comes to an end tomorrow with both heat and humidity coming back for the entire week. UGH!
My allergies have been giving me fits this week. Thank goodness for allergy pills!
Mosquitos are horrible this year. We have had so much moisture this year - they are thriving. Early evenings are really bad.
- Line dried laundry
- Rain barrels have been replenished. I have been using a lot of rain water for the garden.
- I inventoried my canning supplies. I love Mrs. Wages (yes I cheat), and use it for most everything. My goodness - I am set for this year for sure, thanks to the many clearance packages I found over the last year.
- Kept and cleaned a nice coffee can and a HUGE container that had held pretzels (from Sam's) for storage. The coffee can will be great for storing candies and such this Christmas.
- Saved the juice from a watermelon we cut up. I freeze and use in tea or in smoothies.
- I re-did the cat scratching post AGAIN. They love that thing and the carpet gets torn to shreds pretty quickly (with 3 cats). This time I replaced with jute rope! It looks great and they LOVE it!!! I think it will last longer than the carpet. Sure beats spending $40-$50 for the size bed/post we have. The rope originally cost $7.50.
- Watched 3 full length movies that we had previously recorded.
- Renegotiated our U-verse bill (our contract ran out). We will be saving $43 a month and we are to receive a $50 Visa gift card in a couple weeks. Not bad for an hour visit at the AT&T store. We will be getting some new equipment installed Tuesday (no charge). HAPPY CAMPER HERE!
- Garden HARVEST - 10 zucchini, 5 small cucumbers and 3 bell peppers this week!! WOOHOO!
- Picked a bouquet of flowers
- Got lots of yard work done yesterday while it was cooler. Boy did the yard need it!
- Laid the rest of the bagged bark that was in the garage.
- Most frugal part of week - I STAYED OUT OF STORES AND DID NO GROCERY SHOPPING AT ALL!!!!
- Just doing all my normal everyday things
Meals this week:
Zucchini/sausage skillet dinner and garlic bread (I tried to post a pic - for some reason I couldn't)
Leftover zucc. skillet dinner and salad
Grilled steaks and grilled zucchini and onions
Fried pork cutlets, country gravy and toast
Jalapeno/cheese stuffed zucchini boats
Lean burger topped with red beans and rice and 1/4 of zucc. boat that was left (split it)
Hamburger hash and zucchini salad
Watermelon, grapes, sherbet
All leftovers were used up
I think my week was pretty successful and I managed to save money not just for the week, but for the rest of the year!
HOW WAS YOUR WEEK? Give us a shout out, and let us know what's happening in your neck of the woods!
May your week be blessed with health, safety, happiness and frugal finds!
God bless my friends.